Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
For my sins I was listening to Talksport a few weeks ago and Jordan said our squad cost 1.2 billion to get to where we are now and then added up the players cost and included everyone we ever bought like Maicon Bravo Nolito etc.
When he was questioned about them no longer being with us, he compared it to buying a car, trading it in and buying a new one.
The man's a buffoon.

Well, we are getting close to a billion just from playing in the CL, so money well spent.

For my sins I was listening to Talksport a few weeks ago and Jordan said our squad cost 1.2 billion to get to where we are now and then added up the players cost and included everyone we ever bought like Maicon Bravo Nolito etc.
When he was questioned about them no longer being with us, he compared it to buying a car, trading it in and buying a new one.
The man's a buffoon.
That's an insult to buffoons.

Wait no longer....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63540945

Manchester City report club record revenues of £613m​

By Simon Stone BBC Sport

City's success has not come without controversy.

In 2020, they were successful in their appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport after initially being found guilty of serious financial fair play breaches by Uefa's Club Financial Control Body.

The Premier League's own long-running investigation into the club's financial fair play submissions is noted within the club's financial report.

"The club acknowledge an ongoing Premier League investigation linked to the speculation resulting from the illegal hacking and out of context publication of club emails," it said.
Slimey Stone...

Who knew?

I'm not sure if this is right or not but I heard at the time the hack was revealed that City had been tracking Coutinho but on the strength of the scouting database info Liverpool stole they jumped in and bought him for peanuts. And of course sold him for so much money that it covered them for every player purchase for years.

Has anyone else heard this?
There were definitely rumours about our interest in Coutinho, but beyond that, I can’t remember if their interest was sudden or longer term.

I wouldn’t put it past them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.