Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a rubbish start to this competition, turned on to watch the ceremony and it’s not covered by either stations. I see all the usual media are out there who have been slated this being held in Qatar since it was announced but here they are all with their noses in the trough hypocrisy of the highest. I would have thought more if they had all boycotted the whole competition if they are so righteous about human rights.
I'm sure getting paid wads of money for their month long stint turned their heads, and a collective human rights " fuck it"

Top marks to Kelly Cates for shoehorning a Virgil Van Dipper reference into a discussion about England and Wales...
Ha Ha...
Could be worth a new thread of how the media manage to introduce a contrived Dipper reference to any World Cup match ?
I nominate Danny "the gargoyle" Murphy to win that completion, hands/claws/paws down...

The BBC is unfit to broadcast live football which it rarely does these days. The organisation has become so politicised it is incapable of providing impartial balanced coverage. Criticism of human rights abuses in Qatar is not valid unless it mentions the broader context ie that US, British, and European companies work extensively in Qatar, especially in the construction industry. Will the BBC preface the England match against Iran with a statement about how the current regime in Iran is currently murdering thousands of its citizens (mostly female)? I doubt it and that's the problem with being selective about such issues. Where do you draw the line?

The BBC is unfit to broadcast live football which it rarely does these days. The organisation has become so politicised it is incapable of providing impartial balanced coverage. Criticism of human rights abuses in Qatar is not valid unless it mentions the broader context ie that US, British, and European companies work extensively in Qatar, especially in the construction industry. Will the BBC preface the England match against Iran with a statement about how the current regime in Iran is currently murdering thousands of its citizens (mostly female)? I doubt it and that's the problem with being selective about such issues. Where do you draw the line?
It confuses me as to why these migrant workers are only at risk of unscrupulous working practice whilst building stadia. While their brethren are perfectly safe from harm, maiming or death whilst building 6 star hotels and million pound apartments for the very people who shout foul to stay in.

It confuses me as to why these migrant workers are only at risk of unscrupulous working practice whilst building stadia. While their brethren are perfectly safe from harm, maiming or death whilst building 6 star hotels and million pound apartments for the very people who shout foul to stay in.
Many construction sites and many of the sub-contracters across the entire Gulf region are run and managed by Western companies. Lots of them are household names. Why don't the media call some of them out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.