Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many construction sites and many of the sub-contracters across the entire Gulf region are run and managed by Western companies. Lots of them are household names. Why don't the media call some of them out?

As I type on my iPhone which is made from cobalt mined by children in the Congo. In dangerous unsupported mines where deaths occur every day, where murder & corruption is rife.

Modern human slavery is supposed to go through the whole supply chain but these companies are never challenged. That’s why it’s racism.

It merely pissed me off that the ever pious BBC spouted a load of "facts", most of which remain lies or uncorroberated statements about deaths of migrant workers then switched to allegations that Qatari statements about carbon neutrality were trash followed by some fucking know it all saying he doesn't believe any of those statements are true with absolutely no balance of an opposing view. That's not reporting its acting as a propaganda tool for one side against the other. The BBC. Bunch of Bullshitting Cunts.

The BBC is unfit to broadcast live football which it rarely does these days. The organisation has become so politicised it is incapable of providing impartial balanced coverage. Criticism of human rights abuses in Qatar is not valid unless it mentions the broader context ie that US, British, and European companies work extensively in Qatar, especially in the construction industry. Will the BBC preface the England match against Iran with a statement about how the current regime in Iran is currently murdering thousands of its citizens (mostly female)? I doubt it and that's the problem with being selective about such issues. Where do you draw the line?

Whether it’s the host nation or not I’d imagine, although I wouldn’t be surprised if they did say something about the situation in Iran too.

Or perhaps the BBC will discuss the estimated 136,000 victims of modern slavery in the UK according to official stats.

That's the problem with this sort of virtue signalling. You don't know where to stop.

Are you conflating the state with the criminals there? As I’m not sure how that makes any sense.

Probably good old selective piety too. Did they do the same in Russia given it was only a few years after they invaded and took over Crimea (amongst other things)? Genuine question, I can’t remember, though I doubt they did.
Or did they do the same in England a few years after they invaded Iraq killed thousands of Arabs amongst other things I can't remember though I doubt they did.

It merely pissed me off that the ever pious BBC spouted a load of "facts", most of which remain lies or uncorroberated statements about deaths of migrant workers then switched to allegations that Qatari statements about carbon neutrality were trash followed by some fucking know it all saying he doesn't believe any of those statements are true with absolutely no balance of an opposing view. That's not reporting its acting as a propaganda tool for one side against the other. The BBC. Bunch of Bullshitting Cunts.
What the guy said about carbon neutrality was spot on. This World Cup is only carbon neutral because Qatar are offsetting their production of carbon emissions. Offsetting is basically kicking the can down the road and doesn't work in real terms.

What the guy said about carbon neutrality was spot on. This World Cup is only carbon neutral because Qatar are offsetting their production of carbon emissions. Offsetting is basically kicking the can down the road and doesn't work in real terms.
But virtually every large organisation does the same so unfair to single out one example. 'Off setting' is just other words for planting trees and talking about how important it is. In other words it's complete bullshit.

All these preching pundits could have made a point by doing their work from studios in the uk.
They have no reason to go apart from the money.
I saw Kelly Southerton there on tv yesterday.....only a name in the uk as she can run, jump & throw a bit.

Her football knowledge must be off the scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.