Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
But virtually every large organisation does the same so unfair to single out one example. 'Off setting' is just other words for planting trees and talking about how important it is. In other words it's complete bullshit.
The guy was just making a statement about Qatar/FIFA's comments on carbon neutrality which were bollocks.

Probably good old selective piety too. Did they do the same in Russia given it was only a few years after they invaded and took over Crimea (amongst other things)? Genuine question, I can’t remember, though I doubt they did.

Yes they did, ITV in particular.

I saw Kelly Southerton there on tv yesterday.....only a name in the uk as she can run, jump & throw a bit.

Her football knowledge must be off the scale.
I suspect that you might have her confused with Kelly Somers, a sports presenter who is out there.

Somers was the one who asked Raheem after a man of the match display at the Euro's, if he had done enough to justify his selection.

Raz just gave her a look, to his credit carried on professionally. Somers is apparently a "Watford" fan so her shithousing from the touchline will be "interesting!"

I suspect that you might have her confused with Kelly Somers, a sports presenter who is out there.

Somers was the one who asked Raheem after a man of the match display at the Euro's, if he had done enough to justify his selection.

Raz just gave her a look, to his credit carried on professionally. Somers is apparently a "Watford" fan so her shithousing from the touchline will be "interesting!"
Maybe but I'm sure it was her however I'll stand corrected & keep my ears/eyes open.

Are you conflating the state with the criminals there? As I’m not sure how that makes any sense.
Migrant workers are exploited by rogue companies in Qatar and the UK. We have a big problem in the UK and our government has failed to tackle it. People in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones. There are lots of western firms exploiting workers in the Middle East. I don’t support the Qatar regime but you can’t blame them for everything.

Top marks to Kelly Cates for shoehorning a Virgil Van Dipper reference into a discussion about England and Wales...

Pretty pathetic the way the cunts at SKY are intent on mentioning rags/dipper players / club at every opportunity.

No fucking integrity whatsoever.

Perfect for the lemming disciples of both sets of cunts.

Migrant workers are exploited by rogue companies in Qatar and the UK. We have a big problem in the UK and our government has failed to tackle it. People in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones. There are lots of western firms exploiting workers in the Middle East. I don’t support the Qatar regime but you can’t blame them for everything.

Don’t think anyone is, but there is a fundamental difference in the respective laws in both countries that leads to those numbers being what they are in the first place. Put our laws in place there and the numbers would be obscene. I get the point about companies but a lot will go with the lowest point they can do to conform to the laws of the countries they operate in.

Taking away how they got it in the first place, I don’t mind a country like Qatar hosting it. Nor do I mind issues being pointed out either. Both increase the potential for change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.