Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Agreed..

I did all right academically but when I see stuff like some of the amounts people can get paid to write about the game they love, well now it makes one think about the choices that were on offer back then..

And as for 'careers advice', back in the late-60s the school adviser never said anything about how you might get a job involving sports journalism or one like, say, Stanley Tucci swanning around Italy tasting the food for the tv cameras..

As Yvonne Fair sang 'It should'a been me..!'
Only the really top-level columnists get the really huge money because they attract large audiences (and revenue). Samuel is one of the best in the UK. Pay levels in the print industry have fallen over the years as the business has declined and a lot of reporters, especially the freelances, are scraping a living these days. This is what has driven the clickbait culture.

The only football bits in the sports section of the Times are seemingly all written by Jonathan Northcroft with bits by David Walsh and Alison Rudd. There is a definite red bias there as I put in an (unpublished) email to them a few weeks ago.

Surely no rational human being bothers to read shite from Alison Rudd ....

just those( that can read ) amongst the lunatic dipper cult

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.