Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched the Kalvin Phillips press conference..... up pops The Athletic's Oliver Kay with a question on some poor fella dying at the Saudi team's hotel and migrant workers. Kalvin handled the whole conference well. Kay is clearly oblivious to the fact that he works for an American owned rag and is talking about migrant workers abuse. You could not make it up!!!

You can become a registered user of The Times, which means they get your email address. But that allows you to access two articles each week. I've registered twice with two different email addresses.

I like Michael Atherton's writing about cricket, so that's mainly what I've used my free access for until now. But for those of us who are admirers of Big Martin, this should be a way to keep reading his output if that's going to be two columns per week.

Incidentally, I expect that Winter will remain Chief Football Writer. Samuel does touch on other sports at the Mail even though football is clearly his main thing, so presumably he'll be Chief Sports Writer or some such.
That's handy to know, thanks.

For Martin Samuel fans on here...

He's had enough of Daily Mail.

Watch this space... Next stop The Times for double his dough:)

I estimate that will be closer to £1m a year!!!

Two columns a week - nice work if you can get it!!

Congrats to someone who always gives City a fair sheikh!
You are martin samuel and i claim my £5

He's off to the Echo....

69421545_10157040929776888_3911624366567194624_n.jpg

Why Liverpool FC Are Top Hole, Don't You Know
"Pater will you take us to Anfield to watch Liverpool?"

"Don't be absurd child. We'll get nits and scabies and have our pockets picked by those dreadful oiks that live there."

The only football bits in the sports section of the Times are seemingly all written by Jonathan Northcroft with bits by David Walsh and Alison Rudd. There is a definite red bias there as I put in an (unpublished) email to them a few weeks ago.
Take it you didn't get the staff writing back to you slating City and detailing every penny spent which I did after telling them the same thing. No matter how good Samuels is, and I think he is one of the best, is not enough to tempt me to subscribe again to the tomes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.