Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your stories reminds of the story my mate told me when he worked at the Sunday times. The chief sports writer would spend his Saturdays in his office watching sky sports to write his piece for Sunday

Remember Rob whatshisname, worked for Sun, had to apologise on Sunday Supplement one year when he said City had Mancini in the stadium when Hughes was sacked?

A right pisshead, he was eventually discovered and sacked for not turning up to international games when Uefa and FIFA rang the desk to ask why their accreditation wasn't being used and we're going to have the revoke it.

The twat was at home drinking and covering games off the telly.

Closest I ever came to doing that was at Blackburn one year, so cold I couldn't type.

I spent second half doing it from the press room and watching it on their internal TV with pea and ham soup and sarnies.

Bliss.

If Samuel does go there, hopefully he’ll appear on Times Radio now & again, which is a good listen occasionally. I used to enjoy his input on the infamous Sunday Supplement, but recently it would have to be the dreaded Talks**** with Danny Kelly if you were that bothered to hear his views.
Samuel + Winter will give them a pretty decent line-up for football reporting.

Their cricket coverage (Atherton) is also excellent and the same for RU.

Anybody else having problems loading bluemoon on their devices?. Might be my phone but all other apps work.

There is no issue with the web browser currently
Thanks. Bluemoon works on google search but for some reason the app has been slow to not actually loading. Probably time to spend my hard earned pension on a new Apple phone( the flex ain’t long enough anyway).

Spot the difference reporting from BBC in a week, same reporter for both

Last weekend Rags v Villa Womens report, 1st sentence:
Manchester United scored five against Aston Villa in a one-sided affair at Old Trafford in front of a club record crowd in the Women's Super League.

(crowd was just over 30k at Old Trafford so half full)

Today, Us v Rags Women
Mention about the attendance only just added, was not in earlier reports and not at the top of the report like the Rags one and they had to get a dig in:
City announced the attendance as 44,259, which would be the second highest in WSL history and a record for Manchester City women's football, but there seemed to be a lot of empty seats on a freezing afternoon.

So a much higher attendance in a smaller capacity stadium but only 1 report mentions empty seats
Just what u expect from the BBC

Last edited:
In the past I’ve thought we’re a bit paranoid about what the media report about us and think some are overacting….. I’ve just read the bbc match report on city ladies .

I apologise for doubting you.
Was just coming on to post about that, even managed to get an empty seats comment in!

Can only assume Jess Anderson is another United fan working for the BBC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.