Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know guys doing matches getting paid £70.

Once they have paid for petrol, they are probably losing money!!

I used to get £300 a game for Screws and then if you doubled up for the Monday, it was a £500 day.

Long gone are those days, eh!
Really Blue, 70 sheets? I was getting way more than that off regionals for pictures around late 90s 2000s. The world is full of greed.

And for the majority it's 70 quid too much for the shite they produce.

Pay peanuts…. Etc. I’m not in the industry but I know people who are and it seems from the outside like there are an elite few untouchables earning a fantastic living. And then a huge chasm to a big pool of people more or less working for nothing in a bid to get noticed and break into that elite. I’m happy to be corrected if that’s complete shite but it’s the impression I’ve got from talking to people in that game.

Nice, sarcastic jab at the Rags in today's Economist article about economic policy in the North of England: "Manchester has plenty of swagger. It has the best team in club football, and it is also home to Manchester United . . . " Wonder who wrote this article?

Yes sarcastic but factual wrong Manchester only has one premier league club. Manchester is not the home of utd, Trafford is.

Who the hell is this scrawny arse ‘bin dipper‘ Pimblett? Wants to fight
Bernardo because Bernardo made him cry. He‘s a ******* loser!

Reminds me of that dead chicken the scousers like to surround with burning candles. For some reason you can't read the comments on the article but he seems a very unpleasant character who will say anything for cheap publicity.

Why is it even published ? The twat doesn't look like he could fight his way out of a paper bag

Don’t Liddell & Clarkson write for the Sunday Times rather than the Times?

I don’t buy the Sunday paper (although Walsh is a legend for his cycling and athletics work), but I do read it on a Saturday and Parris, Turner and to some extent Coren are all excellent, as are some of the sex advi Weekend and Culture articles.

In terms of the Sports section the most notable feature over time is just how much of a love-in they have with egg-chasing (the southern variety of course), but football wise I wouldn’t say I’ve noticed it being particularly pro or anti City. Paul Hirst writes some decent pieces.

If Samuel does go there, hopefully he’ll appear on Times Radio now & again, which is a good listen occasionally. I used to enjoy his input on the infamous Sunday Supplement, but recently it would have to be the dreaded Talks**** with Danny Kelly if you were that bothered to hear his views.

Of course the daily mail print shite like this.

Anything to have a pop at us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.