Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just Drink this in & enjoy, we paid around £65 million pounds for Haaland & Alvarez who whichever way you look at it must be two of the best strikers in the world at the moment,
The dippers paid around £85 million For Nunez who is ok on his day, yet its us who are pushing up prices & ruining football, I dont read any papers but I guess this must be mentioned in the headlines most days?

Because they have no checks or balances. The BBC is literally a law to itself. It can do, act and say what it wants without any fear of censure or action. All of the BBC employees from top to bottom know this so act accordingly. When you know for certain you are not going to lose your job regardless of what you do - then why wouldn’t you?
Because you have a conscience; an idea of right and wrong; a sense of duty to those who pay your wages; a modicum of pride in your work; a desire to become as proficient as you possibly can in your chosen field.

You do, I’m sure. I know I do. But shamoon fucking hafez clearly doesn’t. Nor do his overlords stone and roan.

Because they have no checks or balances. The BBC is literally a law to itself. It can do, act and say what it wants without any fear of censure or action. All of the BBC employees from top to bottom know this so act accordingly. When you know for certain you are not going to lose your job regardless of what you do - then why wouldn’t you? The only way to curb the BBC is to remove the licence fee and make it become a subscription based platform. I guarantee you if that happened it wouldn’t last 12 months.
This is true. I made a formal complaint about some overtly racist content on their website two years ago. They didn't respond within their legal timeframe despite repeated formal emails. The complaint was escalated to Offcom (who regulate the BBC website). After six months I spoke directly to the officer handling my complaint at Ofcom on the phone. She told me that the sheer volume of complaints about BBC content had overwhelmed them. She also told me that, despite repeated requests from them about my complaint, the BBC had not even responded to them. She admitted privately that in reality there was little they could do. I also know from my own sources that the BBC sports online operation has a culture of not taking complaints seriously. There is a big problem in that team and it comes from the top.

This is true. I made a formal complaint about some overtly racist content on their website two years ago. They didn't respond within their legal timeframe despite repeated formal emails. The complaint was escalated to Offcom (who regulate the BBC website). After six months I spoke directly to the officer handling my complaint at Ofcom on the phone. She told me that the sheer volume of complaints about BBC content had overwhelmed them. She also told me that, despite repeated requests from them about my complaint, the BBC had not even responded to them. She admitted privately that in reality there was little they could do. I also know from my own sources that the BBC sports online operation has a culture of not taking complaints seriously. There is a big problem in that team and it comes from the top.

Wouldn't surprise if members of the European Research Group were in charge !

Wouldn't surprise if members of the European Research Group were in charge !
The sad thing is there are some first class staff in the BBC sports online team who are professional and impartial but there are also too many cut and paste merchants who have not been properly trained and lack integrity. The "banter boy" culture dominates proceedings. For exammple Roan is allowed to do what he wants which is mostly overtly political content which re-inforces his own personal views. BBC sport has totally lost its way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.