Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to be fair to the Mail, but I took it as meaning all of the matters were alleged, not just the bus attack.
I suspect you are either being kind or overly-rigorous upon your own fear of paranoia (which is a healthy thing).

I, on the other hand, am alarmed at the idea of beng fair to The Daily Mail. A ****'s pamphlet and nothing more.

Against the benefit of over 50 years of their bullshit, I have respectfully considered your opinion and concluded that, unfortunately, they probably meant it. They only left it open to interpretation because they had to.

Because they are cunts.

Last edited:
There was quite a gap between the home and away fans in the Kippax, with iirc two sets of (laser blue) steel barriers which curved towards each set of supporters at the top, and a no mans land of a couple of metres in between, but like you, I absolutely don’t recall any netting between the two sets of supporters - style and I always used to enter the Kippax terrace through the left hand tunnel and my memory is still (just) pretty exceptional. Not infallible for sure, but I’d be very surprised if I was wrong.

Edit: just checked the footage of the 5-1 and can’t see any signs of any netting. If it wasn’t up for that game, then it’s hard to imagine it being up for any other, and it’s also difficult to imagine it being up episodically. That tunnel was right next to the away fans too.
Been going since 75 and never seen any netting in the Kippax also the no.mans tunnel.section was also patrolled by coppers for high.profile games

My memory is shit but have a vague recollection of netting in the Kippax!
Me too, but I have no recollection of away fans in that section except for when the rags visited? Then again I remember as a small kid sitting in the Platt Lane so away fans can’t have always been housed in there either. I’ve never thought about it until now. Away fans had the platt Lane when we were in the 2nd div mid-late 80’s is that right, and the Gene Kelly corner of the North stand from the late 90’s on. Confused post from a confused mind !

Pretty sure there was netting between the home and away fans at some point although remember being hit by a coin from the Leeds fans so it can’t have been then. It was a nervous excitement on a packed out kippax terrace back in those days especially on a miserable winters day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.