Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a factor, there’s a disproportionate number of ethnic actors on TV adverts compared to the population demographic in this country, that’s fact not an opinion.

But it’s interesting that you would choose to highlight perhaps the one very specific area where black people may be over represented. I could quite easily list a hundred examples of where black people are underrepresented. But none of them would have much to do with football punditry either, so I probably won’t bother.

But it’s interesting that you would choose to highlight perhaps the one very specific area where black people may be over represented. I could quite easily list a hundred examples of where black people are underrepresented. But none of them would have much to do with football punditry either, so I probably won’t bother.
There probably are but this is a football discussion about football?

Google it, there’s plenty of info, going back 20 years to the present day.

Can’t be arsed mate.

I don’t really care or think about what colour someone’s skin is. They could be bright purple as far as I’m concerned. As long as they’re not a dickhead or wrong’en, it’s all good.

Ffs, we always get to this point, the poster stated BAME was a factor in Aluko getting a job she’s clearly terrible at. Another poster, aggressively said the colour of someone's skin is not the reason for getting the job. I said its a factor sometimes then quoted the TV ads. Look on the internet, there’s articles written on it. It’s not racist if that’s what you are implying, it’s clearly a fact the ads are overly represented by ethnic minorities by a long way. I’m not getting involved further on what was a fact not an opinion.

It's contemptible logic that doesn't stand up in any other walk of life.

'Donal Ryan is a great Irish novelist, therefore Anne Enright has nothing to say...?
"Van Halen is a fantastic American rock guitarist, therefore Bonnie Raitt can't be..?
"Tom Hardy is an award-winning English actor, therefore Helen Mirren must be shitr..?
"Jamie Redknapp is possessed of a shrewdly analytical footballing brain, therefore any woman's opinion on the game...?"

Spare me, ffs.

Look, if someone doesn't rate womens' football, that's their prerogative. There's no need to be a boorish twat about it; broadcastting to the world "that you're all enjoying football wrong".

Personally, I don't rate Aluko as an analyst. My opinion has nothing to do with her gender, ethnicity, or level of experience in the game (the latter of which far exceeds mine, btw). It's because I rarely find her remarks particularly instructive - oh, and she clearly hates City.

Alternatively though, some of the female analysts have been a breath of fresh air (particularly when they first came on the telly) insomuch as they actually talk(ed) about tactics (possibly because they feel obliged to demonstrate such knowledge?) far more than a lot of the boring boring men who share(d) the studio

"Even you'd have scored that pal" '
"Dunno, he didn't get many with his 'ead" - cue howls of laughter
"We'll be back for the second half after these messages..."

Yeah, you'd definitely have had to play at the highest level to truly understand that sort of "illuminating" guff.

One ladt thing:
Please, can we leave the small-dick-energy right-winger whining about box-ticking out of it, lads? It comes across as tiresomely insecure, not to say, remedial.
Double Like.
Well said.

Can’t be arsed mate.

I don’t really care or think about what colour someone’s skin is. They could be bright purple as far as I’m concerned. As long as they’re not a dickhead or wrong’en, it’s all good.
You asked the question, I have you an answer, I guess you can’t be arsed because the truth may hurt. I too don’t give a fuck about someone’s colour, I was replying to a post that was clearly in factual, end off.

I remember a few years ago when city played Chelsea ladies at our place. Chelsea had to win to win the league. They lost and at the end of the game she was screaming and crying throwing herself to the ground. Other players were trying to get her to Stand up and console her but she carried on screaming and literally hitting them to get off her! It was absolutely pathetic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.