Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Started with Matterface interviewing Mahrez, asked him about being booed off at half-time, Riyad replied, he never heard booing, City fans love the team.
Later it was Cundy and the other prick, said they'd been contacted by City fans to inform them it was the referee who was being booed. According to Goldstein and Cundy, this couldn't be so because the ref had an excellent first half, ffs ! Bunch of cnuts.
I can assure everyone, to a man, the east stand were booing the official's.
It was an engineered narrative and Pep swallowed the bait. City win 4-2 and the story becomes an attack on our fanbase. Pep made it worse but this coverage wouldn't happen to any other team in the PL. The stadium I have consistently heard the most boos about their own team from the home fans is Old Trafford but it is rarely called out.

BREAKING:The real, true reason Pep went on a mad one last night?
‘Sportswashing’, apparently….

I’m sure you don’t need to guess the tortured, diseased mind behind this insane shoehorning
At least he finally admits that he and his chums consciously and deliberately deny City our due credit

View attachment 66566
Still peddling the racist narrative that it is apparently not possible for an owner of Arabic origin to invest his money for the same reason as everyone else ie to make a return on his investment. Still repeating the fake "sportswashing" narrative without a scrap of evidence. After 14 years of sustained growth at City, creating thousands of jobs and regenerating our city-centre, the liars will not go away.

Still peddling the racist narrative that it is apparently not possible for an owner of Arabic origin to invest his money for the same reason as everyone else ie to make a return on his investment. Still repeating the fake "sportswashing" narrative without a scrap of evidence. After 14 years of sustained growth at City, creating thousands of jobs and regenerating our city-centre, the liars will not go away.
Nail on head

Matterface started the narrative. He is is incapable of being impartial. He was gutted at City's comeback and determined to find a negative angle and the rest of the press pack were deighted to join the pile on. So City win 4-2 after a thrilling comeback and the press don't want to celebrate the football they want to wallow in negativity and fuel tribal hatred of our fans. All I heard was a brief smattering of boos after concedng twice in two minutes and some weak decisions from the referee (to tackle the Spurs cheats).
I understand what Pep was trying to say but, again, he chose the wrong words. It is ridiculous when the club's manager allows himself to be manipulated by a hostile press. The comment Pep made about Spurs fans was bollocks. They were the quietest away support this season, understandably so. It is very wrong to point fingers at the 53,000 people who struggled through the snow and ice (some paying £70 for tickets) and transport chaos. I believe that our fans (the paying customers) deserve more respect from the club.

Maybe it's not just the fans and players getting complacent. Maybe the executives are as well. Maybe it's a little easy for them with almost guaranteed income streams from Mansour's and Khaldoon's contacts and from Guardiola-inspired success on the pitch. Just maybe they could listen to the fans more if they want a motivated fanbase for a full 90 minutes per game.

Danny Murphy has said city fans are spoilt and entitled because of the boos at half time (which were mainly for the inept ref). Apparently they wouldn’t do it at Anfield

No, they would probably just send death threats to their own players instead
The same Danny Murphy who encouraged the opposition to leave a few nasty challenges on our players a couple of seasons back?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.