Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is the maddest thing

It must be the easiest argument to win. In a different thread there’s a Noel Gallagher video where he says pundits know fuck all. He does a great job of putting people on n their place & tell them they’re talking shit.

He does it in a true Manc dower humorous way & yet in 15 years we’ve not managed to employ anyone to win the PR argument & show the bullshit being talked.

I’m surprised we don’t have a social “what the media says” & use Rabin style comebacks.

All empires are brought down by themselves
Decadence and self-indulgent complacency are far worse enemies than any invader
Happened to everyone from Greece and Rome to Carthage and the Ottomans
We need to wake up as a club and take the threats seriously
Suddenly the vultures are circulating around the youth system, both on and off the pitch. We are best in class so understandable
And they’ve badly taken their eye off the ball with the women’s set up

Absolutely, the biggest threat is complacency.

It must be the easiest argument to win. In a different thread there’s a Noel Gallagher video where he says pundits know fuck all. He does a great job of putting people on n their place & tell them they’re talking shit.

He does it in a true Manc dower humorous way & yet in 15 years we’ve not managed to employ anyone to win the PR argument & show the bullshit being talked.

I’m surprised we don’t have a social “what the media says” & use Rabin style comebacks.
I’m not at all a fan of that guy or his credentials but get your point

Nowadays if a bit of booing goes on at our place you just know the media are going to make a mountain out of a mole hill.
We'd just let two sloppy goals in the space of a couple of minutes just before half time, and with the ref having a poor game it was ideal circumstances for a few boos. So a small section of fans booed for a combination of both.
No doubt the media couldn't hit their keyboards quick enough, and milk it as much as they could.
Now we're all entitled apparently. They struggle to really have a go at the team as they've been so consistently good for many years, so us fans are an easy target.
Its annoying but we should be used to it by now. Maybe we should do what we do best and make a song about it, take the piss of ourselves. "Empty seats at home" and when we play away at a ground that's quiet with few empty seats we've been singing "Is this the Etihad?" I think that tells them we're really not that bothered.
We love City, and I'm 'Entitled' to think its water off a ducks back.
MCFC ok!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.