Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you remember when we played them midweek at the Emirates after beating them at Wembley, I don't think there was 25,000 in the ground. I wonder if that caller bothered to turn up that night.

Well the commentator set the narrative saying it’s was a demonstration to the board why they were no one there

I also think that fear plays a part. Historically, united and liverpool may have been their biggest draws and, let's face it, the "stars" of Sky football coverage have been drawn largely from those two clubs. Neville and Carragher for example have gained an influence in the media, and game, far beyond the level their obvious bias deserves.

Given that, and given that Sky's flagship product is Premier League football, it would come as no surprise if Sky's biggest fear is a devaluation of the product by the withdrawal of the PL's biggest clubs. And withdrawal has always been the nuclear option that united and liverpool have wielded over football for the last 40 years to get their own way, the ESL being just the latest example. The threat may have diminished but it is still there hovering over Sky.

Those clubs have always had expert lobbyists it’s the way they do business. They influence, they put people into positions of power, they are self entitled twats & that’s the sort they partner with.

Well the commentator set the narrative saying it’s was a demonstration to the board why they were no one there
The media also made excuses that fans were worried about it being a bit windy. Pathetic excuses about the weather for avoiding the game, but the City end was full and they were still sulking about the spanking we gave them a few days earlier.

Did any one call them out or was that just accepted as truth??

Excepted and presenter went on saying

“ City have a hard core fan base of 30/35k like a lot clubs do but when winning you get the tourists and glory hunters”

Think we have a bit more than 30/35k hard core now! Plus 400m fans world wide last time I saw

Those clubs have always had expert lobbyists it’s the way they do business. They influence, they put people into positions of power, they are self entitled twats & that’s the sort they partner with.

So true. Greg Dyke's dubious career record is testament to that;

From 1997 to 1999, Dyke served as a non-executive director of Manchester United, and was the sole board member to oppose a takeover bid from BSkyB, which was subsequently rejected by the Monopolies and Mergers Commission.[45] When he became director-general of the BBC he admitted a "potential conflict of interest" between his new post and his non-executive directorship at Manchester United plc.[46] He resigned his position to avoid controversy

The conflict of interest didn't stop him becoming chairman of the FA in 2013 as I recall.

So true. Greg Dyke's dubious career record is testament to that;

From 1997 to 1999, Dyke served as a non-executive director of Manchester United, and was the sole board member to oppose a takeover bid from BSkyB, which was subsequently rejected by the Monopolies and Mergers Commission.[45] When he became director-general of the BBC he admitted a "potential conflict of interest" between his new post and his non-executive directorship at Manchester United plc.[46] He resigned his position to avoid controversy

The conflict of interest didn't stop him becoming chairman of the FA in 2013 as I recall.

Imagine if real investigative reporting existed.

“Paul Ince and his big spending Reading team provide another stern test for United today as the reds domestic treble quest continues at an of course sold out OT”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.