Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it might have had something to do with the snowfall which had covered most of the UK. I remember our turn out was pretty impressive considering the conditions.
It was cold and they didn't have Coats or gloves....but they're not short of cunts !!

Will change if they win the PL at some point, IMO. The attitude to City changed , from recollection, at each stage of our recent success - winning the FA cup, winning the league over united, winning the league of Liverpool. By that point ‘sportswashing’,’cheating’ and ‘dirty Arab oil money’ was starting to become a deluge.
I think Newcastle haven’t got to that point yet and ‘dirty Arab gas money’ doesn’t have the same ring!
I don't think so.

City were the first 'disruptors' and being the Mancunian club that 'disrupted' the media darlings of Trafford we copped for the full focus of the media hatred.

They can't repeat that with NFC & have the same impact or effect,mainly cos NFC will probably 'play' the media better than City have and and its easier to have one target than two.

Newcastle will become the romantic under dog and the media will be keeping their powder dry for the time when Pep leaves.

They've probably already written their hateful copy !!

That's true, for now, the bigwigs at EPL, SKY, BT, BBC, ITV etc etc know what's good for the brand and IMO we are at a tipping point, they need one of the "glory clubs" to be back, in their eyes we aren't good for the brand long term

They'll accept Arsenal breaking our monopoly for now, but Liverpool or The Rags one of them needs to be there or there abouts
If they only showed City in a true and fair light with a world class coach, players,infrastructure and philosophy....and playing the finest football seen in the country, they could've grown their viewers exponentially from neutrals and youngsters who weren't weaned on red shite.

Instead, they've alienated hundreds of thousands of existing and potential viewers.

None as blind.....
That's true, for now, the bigwigs at EPL, SKY, BT, BBC, ITV etc etc know what's good for the brand and IMO we are at a tipping point, they need one of the "glory clubs" to be back, in their eyes we aren't good for the brand long term

They'll accept Arsenal breaking our monopoly for now, but Liverpool or The Rags one of them needs to be there or there aboutsThe

I don't think so.

City were the first 'disruptors' and being the Mancunian club that 'disrupted' the media darlings of Trafford we copped for the full focus of the media hatred.

They can't repeat that with NFC & have the same impact or effect,mainly cos NFC will probably 'play' the media better than City have and and its easier to have one target than two.

Newcastle will become the romantic under dog and the media will be keeping their powder dry for the time when Pep leaves.

They've probably already written their hateful copy !!
There was an article earlier this week focussed on Newcastle players being the epitome of the dark arts. They’ve bought another player of this ilk in Gordon. Maybe the media narrative is changing. The tipping point indicating a media honeymoon period is over is usually when add ons are included in the reported transfer fee. Reporting of the Gordon transfer has been on the fence with reports of £40mil to £45mil.

Things can change fast in the media. The BBC documentary, “Fight the Power” reminded us (last nigh) that Obama went from hero to zero in the Hip Hop community,

Telling that you keep conflating 9/11 and JFK, and addressing the conspiracy theories (of which I’ve espoused none) and have raised the non-sequitur of the CAS verdict, without dealing with the murder of LHO and the doubt that must cast upon his guilt.

Are you sure that Jack Ruby was simply upset at the assassination of JFK some 48 hours earlier, and just got ‘lucky’, or do you accept there could be another explanation?
But who was Jack the Ripper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.