Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64447208

“The industry of the midfield that almost drove the Reds to the historic quadruple suddenly looks laborious and one-paced just a few months later while the younger midfielders - Naby Keita and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain - have never consistently impressed at Anfield.”

Keita is 28 next week and ‘The Ox’ turns 30 before next season starts.
Still younger

I don't like the term "big club" but if I had to provide a definition it would be a club in the top fifteen for attendances (current season) and the top fifteen for major trophies won.
it's obviously a loose definition, but it's a definition of a term I don't like so I won't bother refining it further.
It's a sad dick waving contest for insecure idiots.

Agreed and sadly journalist, pundits and the like can no longer keep professional and unbiased, their spite and hate is in full flow and on show.

Oh for the days of a professional journalist in all walks of life.
They're not journalists now? More like paid shit stirrers drumming up the clicks to get the revenue. I stopped paying a long time ago and feel much better for it. Friday's ITV pre match childish debacle was a gentle reminder though.

Listened to the second half of Wrexham vs Sheff Utd on 5Live. Everybody loves an underdog in the FA Cup but the bias was off the scale. Never really liked Sheff Utd in anyway but was actually quite chuffed when they equalised.
I think the ref must have had 5 live in his ear piece. That red card was a joke.

Just been listening to the dulcet tones of Henry Winter on talk shite and he mentioned something on the lines of "we will have to consider Brighton as a big club".

Sorry, but what is the criteria required to be a "big club" and why is it up to Journos to decide who is a big club and who isn't? Why is there also an obsession with labelling clubs as "big"? For me a team is a team, I apply some form of identity to that team.

Also, why should journos who pay nothing to watch football decide who is a "bigg club". Their opinion is void given they aren't fans, just an inconvenience attached to the sport.
It's like their description of the supporters, being just a fan isn't enough anymore you have to be a big fan (whatever that is) and only the other day a 105 year old woman was described as a super fan.

Listened to the second half of Wrexham vs Sheff Utd on 5Live. Everybody loves an underdog in the FA Cup but the bias was off the scale. Never really liked Sheff Utd in anyway but was actually quite chuffed when they equalised.
Amazing what two Hollywood "stars" can do for a clubs publicity, fair play to them but please tell me what the difference is to an Arab Sheik who has singlehandedly transformed a once deprived area of East Manchester into a thriving Oasis and transformed one of England's great club sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.