Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea have been given a free ride , the media forget that they had a sugar daddy before Ra Ra Rasputin turned up , they’ve openly found a loophole this window with giving players 8 year contracts - can you imagine the bed wetting if that was us ? We are closer to home to the evil empire -and that’s a fact.
As I said in the Chelsea thread, they could sign Milner for £150m on a 15 year contract and nobody would bat a fucking eyelid.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64447208

“The industry of the midfield that almost drove the Reds to the historic quadruple suddenly looks laborious and one-paced just a few months later while the younger midfielders - Naby Keita and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain - have never consistently impressed at Anfield.”

Keita is 28 next week and ‘The Ox’ turns 30 before next season starts.
JLingz or whatever he calls himself likes that quote.

Just been listening to the dulcet tones of Henry Winter on talk shite and he mentioned something on the lines of "we will have to consider Brighton as a big club".

Sorry, but what is the criteria required to be a "big club" and why is it up to Journos to decide who is a big club and who isn't? Why is there also an obsession with labelling clubs as "big"? For me a team is a team, I apply some form of identity to that team.

Also, why should journos who pay nothing to watch football decide who is a "bigg club". Their opinion is void given they aren't fans, just an inconvenience attached to the sport.
It's pathetic lazy reporting and inaccurate labelling.

He should have said a "Top side"

Just been listening to the dulcet tones of Henry Winter on talk shite and he mentioned something on the lines of "we will have to consider Brighton as a big club".

Sorry, but what is the criteria required to be a "big club" and why is it up to Journos to decide who is a big club and who isn't? Why is there also an obsession with labelling clubs as "big"? For me a team is a team, I apply some form of identity to that team.

Also, why should journos who pay nothing to watch football decide who is a "bigg club". Their opinion is void given they aren't fans, just an inconvenience attached to the sport.
I would say ANY club in the Premier league is a big club, each gets a minimum 100m , the top clubs in Europe struggle to get that.

The definition of a "big" club is debatable, is it (h)istory, stadium, Titles, Attendance etc?

I would say ANY club in the Premier league is a big club, each gets a minimum 100m , the top clubs in Europe struggle to get that.

The definition of a "big" club is debatable, is it (h)istory, stadium, Titles, Attendance etc?
This is exactly my point, there's no criteria given as to what makes a "big club". I agree, any club in the PL and probably most in the Championship can consider themselves big club.

I think the whole "big club" discussion is very childish.

Some clubs have superb scouting, some play nice football, some spend a lot and are shite, some play awful football, some have a huge following being in major cities, some have small following due to being in small towns, some have large following being a one club town, some have won major trophies in the last century and done FA since, some haven't.

A club is a club in my eyes. Too many variables to make the immature observation as to whether it is a "big club". The media can shove the debate up their arse sideways.

I don't like the term "big club" but if I had to provide a definition it would be a club in the top fifteen for attendances (current season) and the top fifteen for major trophies won.
it's obviously a loose definition, but it's a definition of a term I don't like so I won't bother refining it further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.