Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Media Thread is a very broad church, but fair enough.

Maybe we can agree that if Darwin Núñez had shot at JFK then we wouldn’t be having this debate :-)
Lol, met Tommy Doc at the Richfield club in Manchester after a boxing event (Nahjib Daho v Barry Michaels) many years ago, he said "If Peter Davenport had 5 shots at John Lennon he'd still be alive" next line "Peter Davenport couldn't trap a bag of cement".

I think the ref must have had 5 live in his ear piece. That red card was a joke.
No violent play in that 'encounter' by the guy! Absolute joke. I think I lip-read his response to the ref as 'What for?' - my comment, too. I'd like to see the ref''s report and understand what he saw in one of the most innocuous 'touches' in any game this weekend! The quality of reffing these days is just laughable, unless it's your team on the shitty end of it!

And the DT this morning describes that Dipper tackle as being 'poor'. That's another laugh, unless yer the Brighton player.

Amazing what two Hollywood "stars" can do for a clubs publicity, fair play to them but please tell me what the difference is to an Arab Sheik who has singlehandedly transformed a once deprived area of East Manchester into a thriving Oasis and transformed one of England's great club sides.
I think you already know the answer

Just been listening to the dulcet tones of Henry Winter on talk shite and he mentioned something on the lines of "we will have to consider Brighton as a big club".

Sorry, but what is the criteria required to be a "big club" and why is it up to Journos to decide who is a big club and who isn't? Why is there also an obsession with labelling clubs as "big"? For me a team is a team, I apply some form of identity to that team.

Also, why should journos who pay nothing to watch football decide who is a "bigg club". Their opinion is void given they aren't fans, just an inconvenience attached to the sport.
Henry is like a lot of footy journos - they think the game revolves around them and any opinion they express has to be taken as the gospel truth. They've beaten one of the RDAHMeedya chosen teams twice inside a fortnight, a team which isn't setting anything on fire this season, and so the criteria is met. Brighton are massive.

I heard it made Fabinho's challenge look like a coming together?
The ref in the dipper game was another story. Two blatant red cards. The challenge where he was clean through would have only warranted a yellow because he’d already been booked and he still gave nothing!! It was minimum a second yellow. Then deep into added added time Brighton make a sub and the ref is almost pushing the lad off the field towards the back of the goal!! So he dosnt walk across the pitch and go off at the touch line. Fukin embarrassing how blatant it is.

The ref in the dipper game was another story. Two blatant red cards. The challenge where he was clean through would have only warranted a yellow because he’d already been booked and he still gave nothing!! It was minimum a second yellow. Then deep into added added time Brighton make a sub and the ref is almost pushing the lad off the field towards the back of the goal!! So he dosnt walk across the pitch and go off at the touch line. Fukin embarrassing how blatant it is.
3 blatant red cards. Fabinho was absolutely NAILED on, the Robertson one was snide and looked on purpose, and the one where the attacker was clean through was AT LEAST a second yellow, but should have been a straight red for denying a goal scoring opportunity. Every foul should be assessed on it's INDIVIDUAL merits and not what has gone before, unless it's accumulation of fouls leading to a booking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.