Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stone getting a bit of overtime in at BBC United, Mediacity.

Meanwhile, according to our reporter Simon Stone, Marcel Sabitzer is currently in the air, flying over to the UK to undertake a medical and complete his loan move to Manchester United from Bayern Munich.

Things are happening, people!

Barcelona bought a player for a record fee from the England national team apparently.

BBC Sport

Manchester United have rejected a world-record bid from Arsenal for England forward Alessia Russo.

The Euro 2022 winner, 23, turned down an offer to sign a contract extension at Manchester United in June.

Arsenal, three points behind Women's Super League leaders United with a game in hand, have been monitoring Russo's contract situation throughout January.

The bid was understood to be more than the £400,000 Barcelona paid for England midfielder Keira Walsh in September.
I wonder what club she was at.

I get the feeling - especially with us not signing anyone today to replace Cancelo - that we are trying to squeeze every last ounce out of this squad this season to try and win something, even if it's just the FA Cup and finish top 4, then are going to totally re shape the squad in the summer with no World Cup/Euro's etc to get in the way. We should have as much to spend as we want after our last few years transfer dealings and profits. Our spending is on a Par with a mid table team and there must be a reason for that. I for one am pretty trust worthy in the fact that there is a master plan and the board/chairman/owner/management are all working towards it and in total control. If we need a season where we are just "very good" rather than 'amazing" then I can live with that for a year or so
I hope you are right, but I remain to be convinced.

I agree with a lot of this but the only point I’d make it with the super league proposals we weren’t slow to react to it, we were only included in the proposals at the very last minute. We were going to be excluded until the hateful five realised “shit, we can’t call it the super league if we deliberately exclude the most successful side of the last decade. Better give City a call after all”

That said, agreeing to put a direct quote from Joel Glazer on our own website was unforgivable whatever the circumstances.
As have said before on other threads, I reckon the glazer quote was a “clue” we weren’t convinced. May be wrong

Had 30 days to sign a player. Decide on the last day to sign some bit part player from Bayern.

Panic buy fc wins the transfer deadline day again.

I guess we'll be bombarded by that fuckin solekhol ponce on sky sports news how lucky the rags are for getting a 90m player on loan for nothing.
Luckily for them the last panic buy from Bayern turned out really well.

Stone getting a bit of overtime in at BBC United, Mediacity.

Meanwhile, according to our reporter Simon Stone, Marcel Sabitzer is currently in the air, flying over to the UK to undertake a medical and complete his loan move to Manchester United from Bayern Munich.

Things are happening, people!
He's been on that flight since 2pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.