Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The disparity in attitudes towards our spending (and Newcastle's) and Chelsea's is hilarious. Absolutely hilarious. Henry Winter literally saying it's their money and they can do what they want with it. The caucasity.
They've borrowed the money they've spent on transfers, an 800m credit facility so it's not technically their "own" money. With a further announcement from the Bank of England tomorrow interest rates are likely to rise again. This will be a Commercial loan and will attract significant interest.

Along with amortisation (fiddled in Chelsea's case), player wages, operating expenses and possible elimination from next season's Champions League they could find themselves falling foul of FFP.

They've borrowed the money they've spent on transfers, an 800m credit facility so it's not technically their "own" money. With a further announcement from the Bank of England tomorrow interest rates are likely to rise again. This will be a Commercial loan and will attract significant interest.

Along with amortisation (fiddled in Chelsea's case), player wages, operating expenses and possible elimination from next season's Champions League they could find themselves falling foul of FFP.
I think its unlikely that they will have an immediate FFP problem.
However, by amortising these transfer fees over such long contract periods they are only going to get one shot at this.
If it all comes together with this new set of players they might be amazing.
If it doesn't then it might get ugly.

However, by amortising these transfer fees over such long contract periods they are only going to get one shot at this.
In their 2021 accounts, wages plus amortisation were over 100% of revenue plus profit on sale. That's a season, as I said, when they won the CL. So any spending after June 30th 2021 isn't included in that figure. It'll be interesting to see their 2022 accounts but these won't include any transactions in the last two transfer windows.

See PB's post above, they're gambling these moves pay off, wi be in trouble if they don't.

The disparity in attitudes towards our spending (and Newcastle's) and Chelsea's is hilarious. Absolutely hilarious. Henry Winter literally saying it's their money and they can do what they want with it. The caucasity.
Wait to see the attitude to Newcastle change if they deny the rags their first trophy in six years. Really hope they do.

please link some articles about the immoral, evil Chelsea spending spree or is this not SPORTWASHING at all?
yet to find these articles despite what Chelsea spent since the summer is a total british record within a season I assume.
White american owners spending money : good
Brown middle east owners spending : bad
Simple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.