Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why So Etiglad in Sun today...Phil Thomas column full page in centre pullout.

Magnificent.

WOW, just WOW...well not just WOW but I've had to read that twice and I checked the date twice as well.
Have they suddenly realised all this or have they suddenly realised that Manchester City is not going to sit back any longer and let them throw their vicious bile at us, after Pep's interview they know we are going to be fighting back loud and clear.

THE BEST TEAM AND CLUB IN ALL THE LAND AND ALL THE WORLD.

Why So Etiglad in Sun today...Phil Thomas column full page in centre pullout.

Magnificent.

I like it, but do wish there was far more mention of the fact that owner investment was essentially the 'start-up' costs and that the club has been self-sufficient for some time...

I said yesterday that I get the feeling the PL are trying to downgrade the crazy expectations that were flying around the press all week. Either because City have told them to, or because they, the PL themselves, know the things that we're being shouted from the rooftops just weren't going to happen. We will never know I suppose, but it's a thought. Apart from the first few questions in the press conference, it wasn't at all aggressive, and the other managers keeping schtum is all very interesting.

Yeah, that's a good point mate. Aside from the odd tweet from a journalist quoting Daniel Levy, sorry I mean ''anonymous sources'' as you say, it's been relatively quiet.

the media are media-ing. they come out with initial reports of gross cheating, and faux outrage to get the masses all in a froth. then they jump to the other end of the spectrum and create a new discussion on the validity of the charges, and the comments from the defence.
next they will move onto the inter-publication debates between (guest) columnists, to fill the empty space as the 'trial' is prepared for. then flip-flop between the two points of view. talk-shite have it down to an art form.
its all a game and people fall for it, because people have human nature. when you see it you will recognise your buttons are being pressed.

The ST this morning has found about ten column inches for our magnificent victory against The Arse yesterday, but don't rush out and buy it 'cos it's generally about how Arsenal lost the match and not how City outplayed, outpassed, outran and outscored 'em.

Edit:

Interesting point is that the Arse coach accepts responsibility for starting with a back three instead of a back four. I've just run the YouTube highlights and when Lauren Hemp scored Arsenal had five at the back!

And how delighted was the commentator on Sky when Arsenal pulled one back? Delerious!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Interesting article in The Mirror yesterday from Rio Ferdinand of all people. He is of the opinion that the way Pep spoke on Friday and the detail in how the club sees it’s case against the Premier league, Ferdinand is of the opinion that City will be cleared of any wrong doing.

The mood music is starting to change in the media, they made this mistake in July 2020. They are starting to hedge their bets so they don’t look as silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.