Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you have Melissa Reddy and Rob Harris as senior reporters on Sky Sports, it demonstrates how bad Sky is when they are employing these no nowts. They are little more than a fanzine that shows premier league games.
Nowadays, they are neither reporters or journalists, they are paid influencers to set the narrative that the followers want/need to hear.

It‘s all about the subscriptions/clicks and these are the people to give them that.

Rob Draper and his ‘SPECIAL REPORT’ in the Daily Mail.

View attachment 68871

The link is below if anyone wants to read it?

According to Rob in his long and special report………

But in more cold, judicial terms, the Premier League's independent disciplinary commission absolutely could take away City's titles. That title could be gone, as could Manuel Pellegrini's from 2014 and Guardiola's first in 2018, though, judging by the charge sheet, not his subsequent three titles in 2019, 2021 and 2022. Yet however huge those possible sanctions seem, or the prospect of City being relegated, a guilty verdict would be even more seismic for English football than a mere clipping of City's wings……

There are more positive and considered narratives to his report.

Here's another more apt 3 words

CLUTCHING AT STRAWS

Now go and fuck yourselves, you weasly, schill, arse licking rodents.

The Manchester Guardian in its early days, later just the Guardian colloquially named the "Grauinad" by Private Eye was my paper of choice when I travelled on buses to my work in the late 70's/early 80's. It was informative, no sports bias, a bit left wing but countered the Times and the Telegraph on politics.

I particularly liked the non cryptic crosswords (my brain has never worked those clues out) and Steve Bell's contemporary cartoons. Seems it's descended into a shit show of non thought provoking click bait for the Facebook generation, with a very bitter anti City culture within the Sports Desk, not read it it for donkey's and doubt I ever will.

What a shame a publication pioneered in our great City has become enveloped by the snide, shit throwing media that hates the only team that resides in Manchester.
It got a mention from George Orwell in 'Homage to Catalonia' as one of the only honest papers reporting on the Spanish civil war.
How times have changed.

Actor Cel Spellman is on Sunday Brunch this morning. He's been waxing lyrical about what brilliant people the City team are after being invited onto the players' bus for last year's victory parade. Made a special point of highlighting what a top human being Jack Grealish is.
All this while Simon "Dipper" Rimmer & Tim "Chelsea" Lovejoy squirmed in the background.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.