Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those in receipt of Pension Credit on a low income are still eligible. Whilst the salaries of those you mention may well be obscene, they are in line with what other broadcasters pay their stars.
The number of pensioners eligible for pension credit will be insignificant because the BBC wouldn't support it otherwise and broadcasters who make money from advertising are entitled to pay what they wish. As someone who isn't entitled to pension credit I find it ridiculous having to pay for something I rarely watch because I sometimes watch live football on other channels.

It is no part of the remit of the BBC to match salaries in the private sector. The argument that the most talented would desert the BBC is specious: (a) So what? (b) There are thousands of talented people who would be delighted to get a job at the BBC at far lower salaries than are paid now.
BBC pay Vanessa Feltz north of 400k a year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.