Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pardew won it in 2012 despite Mancini winning the title at City. Pulis won it in 2014 when Pellegrini - in his first season in England - won the title and the League Cup. The following year Mourinho - in his second spell in England - repeated Pellegrini's feat and won the MOTY. Last season Klopp won it despite Pep winning the title.

In the 29 years of the award 24 MOTYs have been awarded to the manager of the title winners. Only 5 times has the title winning manager not won it and 3 of those times it was at the expense of a title winning City manager.
Mourinho won moty without a murmur of dissent and was lauded as the greatest thing since sliced bread after achieving EXACTLY what Pels had done the season before (even down to a last 16 chumps league exit). The season before Pellegrini wasn’t even mentioned when the award was discussed at the end of the year, Pulis was shoehorned in as favourite by every pundit going. Aguero was consistently overlooked as both player of the season and as striker in the team of the season. The bewilderment of those same journos when Kun retired was almost comical when they tried to come to terms with his lack of recognition through the years. Yeah, of course there is no anti-city agenda in the media.

Think that can be done (sync commentary) by plugging a digital radio into a laptop, linking again to a tv, and downloading a piece of software to then finish the job. I got told about this several years ago, and presume it still works. Never tried it myself.
Thanks for the info , but i struggle to copy & paste , looks like a great idea but above my pay grade :)

I’m with you, I think understanding Swahili would be easier, hats off though to the “techy” people, most are nerds but very useful :-)

No offence intended!
Non taken , show me a classic car engine and i can make it sing like a bird , but when you start talking gigabytes and RAM then you would be better talking to the wall.

Mourinho won moty without a murmur of dissent and was lauded as the greatest thing since sliced bread after achieving EXACTLY what Pels had done the season before (even down to a last 16 chumps league exit). The season before Pellegrini wasn’t even mentioned when the award was discussed at the end of the year, Pulis was shoehorned in as favourite by every pundit going. Aguero was consistently overlooked as both player of the season and as striker in the team of the season. The bewilderment of those same journos when Kun retired was almost comical when they tried to come to terms with his lack of recognition through the years. Yeah, of course there is no anti-city agenda in the media.
I was comparing KDB’s personal awards to some of the other ‘great’ midfielders. He compares favourably with all of them, but of course he’s never landed Football Writers player of the Year, even though his fellow professionals recognised him twice. Still, I suppose there’s a chance we’ll look back one day and accept Jordan Henderson’s place in the pantheon of all time greats :D

Still, I suppose there’s a chance we’ll look back one day and accept Jordan Henderson’s place in the pantheon of all time greats :D
I think anything severe enough to give us all that collective level of brain damage would probably wipe out the human race, so I doubt it.

Same can be said for David errrrrrr, Villa, sorry my mistake, Silva ;)

ZERO individual recognition by the Premier League and was it one, or possibly at a push two, teams of the year that he managed to squeeze into?

They're pathetic with their childish hatred!

Same can be said for David errrrrrr, Villa, sorry my mistake, Silva ;)

ZERO individual recognition by the Premier League and was it one, or possibly at a push two, teams of the year that he managed to squeeze into?

They're pathetic with their childish hatred!
Joe Hart. A record equalling 4 Golden Gloves playing in one of the most attack orientated sides the league has ever seen and England's first choice goalkeeper (usually a big advantage when it comes to these things) but only one appearance in the team of the season to go with them (he got in 2010's as well but that was while on loan at Birmingham)

I was comparing KDB’s personal awards to some of the other ‘great’ midfielders. He compares favourably with all of them, but of course he’s never landed Football Writers player of the Year, even though his fellow professionals recognised him twice. Still, I suppose there’s a chance we’ll look back one day and accept Jordan Henderson’s place in the pantheon of all time greats :D
Any player who has courage and the bravery to literally put their head on the line like Hendo did yesterday to block an almost certain goal of the season from Tront's thunder bastard free kick must be knocking on the door of an all time great.
That 1 moment cemented his legendary status in my eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.