Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really dont understand why any blue would pay any attention to the press/media.
Life is so much better when you ignore it.

The press/media have one objective to make money. Not to tell the truth or to give an even view.

Being up certain teams arse makes money. The same as any negative story on City makes money.

I dont really have a problem with the reporting of arsenal yesterday. They have a young side with a young manager. They have never been in this situation before, they are showing passion nothing wrong with that. That's what football should be about.
This young team is giving the champions of 4 out if the last 5 season a real good race to the league.

The amount of injury time is a different decision

I may be speaking out of turn as the only press/media I read or see is from bluemoon. This giddiness towards the gooners is to be expected.

As for the reporting of the dippers and rags it's been like this for decades.

The footballing mates I know all of them hate the press/media as much as us. The press/media have clearly put all their eggs into the rags and dippers. The press/media have chosen to ignore other clubs. So stop being bothered by the crap they write/say.

Bloody hell I had a millwall fan spouting crap about City , even called me a glory hunter lol. I just laugh and say 'yea been a glory hunter for 62 years pal'. Now if anyone is going to think a bloke my age is a glory hunter there is clearly no point talking football with them !

I walk around and always have in some City gear come win or lose or what division City are in. I get more stares and the comments said loud enough to hear. I just smile it's great knowing my little Citeh is living in these people's heads lol.
Millwall still upset because we are one of a few clubs to do them more than once

I'm still confused about this "famous, critical" goal he seems to remember so well from 14 years ago. Can anyone enlighten me?

He came on as a sub, and scored a winner in injury time, with about 10 games to go and on his debut, I think.

The numbers aren't that dissimilar to above, but he didn't make more than about 20 appearances for them. Invoking Macheda for Nelson's strike was just plain odd.

I’m sure there’s been plenty of other recent established examples they could have used instead of two games 14 years apart. Raheem Sterling v Bournemouth in the 97th minute? Virtually the same age as Nelson, both 23 at the time and both born in December, it’s not paranoia, it’s agenda led.
Yeh but Raheem’s goal v Bournemouth was the 3rd game of the season and he was an established top class player

I really dont understand why any blue would pay any attention to the press/media.
Life is so much better when you ignore it.

The press/media have one objective to make money. Not to tell the truth or to give an even view.

Being up certain teams arse makes money. The same as any negative story on City makes money.

I dont really have a problem with the reporting of arsenal yesterday. They have a young side with a young manager. They have never been in this situation before, they are showing passion nothing wrong with that. That's what football should be about.
This young team is giving the champions of 4 out if the last 5 season a real good race to the league.

The amount of injury time is a different decision

I may be speaking out of turn as the only press/media I read or see is from bluemoon. This giddiness towards the gooners is to be expected.

As for the reporting of the dippers and rags it's been like this for decades.

The footballing mates I know all of them hate the press/media as much as us. The press/media have clearly put all their eggs into the rags and dippers. The press/media have chosen to ignore other clubs. So stop being bothered by the crap they write/say.

Bloody hell I had a millwall fan spouting crap about City , even called me a glory hunter lol. I just laugh and say 'yea been a glory hunter for 62 years pal'. Now if anyone is going to think a bloke my age is a glory hunter there is clearly no point talking football with them !

I walk around and always have in some City gear come win or lose or what division City are in. I get more stares and the comments said loud enough to hear. I just smile it's great knowing my little Citeh is living in these people's heads lol.
Great post. Spot on

Absolute balloon of a bloke, such a poor journalist, I bet his real name is Michael Delaney as well but the attention seeking prick will do anything to lift his profile.
Its gross hypocrisy considering he works for a newspaper owned by Evgeny Lebedev (41%) Sultan Muhammad Abuljadayel (30%)

Its gross hypocrisy considering he works for a newspaper owned by Evgeny Lebedev (41%) Sultan Muhammad Abuljadayel (30%)

Well yes, but it would be unreasonable to think he should answer questions about the owners of the company he works for because ..... Oh, wait a minute.

Let me try again, you can't compare the great national institution of football to journalism, I mean it's not like the views of a newspaper can affect people's opinions and, by consequence, how they vote and .... Oh, hang on ......

As you were, the guy is a hypocritical foil.

Edit: surprised no-one has said touché to the foil mis-spelling. Left it for shits and giggles.

Last edited:
Yeh but Raheem’s goal v Bournemouth was the 3rd game of the season and he was an established top class player
It was of huge importance as it gave us the belief and we went on a great unbeaten run, deemed so critical that Raz got sent off for the shirt removal celebration. He was 23 and established as you say, similar age to Nelson who will probably be playing in the Championship in a couple of years.

Anyway, that wasn’t the point, it was about shoehorning the Rags into the story, anyone under 21 wouldn’t even remember Machedo. I’m sure there’s plenty of other analogies he could have made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.