Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you’re correct but this is genuinely the first time around this point of the season that we aren’t seriously linked with marquee signings. We’ve spent comparatively small in the last 5 years (net spend around 220m) which has been justified with the trophies and income generated.

I’m sure there’s supposed to be a major rebuild this summer and with sales and players on the books amortised to small values I think we had the capacity to ensure the squad was going to be strengthened.

Let’s see how it pans out and we can have a further discussion, really hoping your pov prevails.
City always are canny in the transfer season. Keeping their cards close to the chest until it’s announced. It’s the media that use scattershot tactics to get at least one player to sign for us.

This may go against conventional thinking, but I don't believe every player and his agent are moronic unthinking turnips who believe everything they read in the media. The same media that publishes daily bull shit about themselves and their team mates every day.
Footballers aren't generally regarded as being intellectual powerhouses. If the average guy down the pub believes it (despite all the evidence) there's no reason the average footballer wouldn't

Footballers aren't generally regarded as being intellectual powerhouses. If the average guy down the pub believes it (despite all the evidence) there's no reason the average footballer wouldn't
Agents are usually fairly canny though.

It’s going to be easy to sell but so tough to buy, yesterday I read we could be in for Adrian Rabiot, once of our parish but now in Paris, second rate player, no where near what we are used to.
Every player we ever bought has been overrated/past it/not cut out for the league/not a patch on whoever utd or Liverpool just spunked £50m on. It usually works out OK!

This may go against conventional thinking, but I don't believe every player and his agent are moronic unthinking turnips who believe everything they read in the media. The same media that publishes daily bull shit about themselves and their team mates every day.
I don't believe EVERY player either..i expect a good % are though so this type of media manipulation could severely reduce the size of our pool to fish in

Interesting that Simon Jordan let slip this morning that he's a guest of Daniel levy in his chairman's lounge this weekend. This after distancing himself from Levy and saying they didn't see eye to eye previously. I'm sure this has nothing whatsoever to do with Jordan constantly attacking us (managing to do so even when the conversation has nothing to do with us - he did it twice today, getting a dig in at us when the conversation was about Connor benn!) and the leak that City think Levy has had a big hand in the current goings on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.