Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
players don't give a fuck, they want to win stuff and get well paid for winning stuff.

this cheat bollox has been going on for years ,hasn't stopped us getting who we want
This is a different level now, the charges are out there, in the past it was just a threat.

players don't give a fuck, they want to win stuff and get well paid for winning stuff.

this cheat bollox has been going on for years ,hasn't stopped us getting who we want
And earn £10M boot deals! That alone would’ve alerted a fair few top players to the potential & reward of playing for City
Play for the most successful PL team this decade…tick
Under the games best manager…tick
Playing exciting football…tick
In world leading facilities…tick
(In Haaland’s words) a beautiful stadium…tick
Handsome pay packet…tick
Back door image right payments (allegedly:)…tick
Enormous boot deals…tick
Almost cast iron guarantee of titles…tick
All that is far more appropriate to players like Bellingham looking at their next move & not the sticks & stones we read in the press

Screenshot-20230307-125658-2.png

It’s the lack of good players being connected with us, I think the media are lobbyists doing their best to disrupt us. They’ll be leaking stories to Agents/Players about “definite” penalties that are coming our way, relegation, points deductions and stripped of titles.

The fact the issue may not be resolved quickly and the threat of retrospective action is enough to deter players signing for us. This was all pre planned, hit us with a UEFA ban, let things die down then go again.

If we hadn’t won the CAS appeal we’d probably have been charged straight after that as we wouldn’t have had a defence, the biggest punishment in Football could have been handed down. We all know this is disruption tactics and it will work/is working because the “cheat” label is well and truly attached to our Club.
This may go against conventional thinking, but I don't believe every player and his agent are moronic unthinking turnips who believe everything they read in the media. The same media that publishes daily bull shit about themselves and their team mates every day.

This may go against conventional thinking, but I don't believe every player and his agent are moronic unthinking turnips who believe everything they read in the media. The same media that publishes daily bull shit about themselves and their team mates every day.
I hope you’re correct but this is genuinely the first time around this point of the season that we aren’t seriously linked with marquee signings. We’ve spent comparatively small in the last 5 years (net spend around 220m) which has been justified with the trophies and income generated.

I’m sure there’s supposed to be a major rebuild this summer and with sales and players on the books amortised to small values I think we had the capacity to ensure the squad was going to be strengthened.

Let’s see how it pans out and we can have a further discussion, really hoping your pov prevails.

I hope you’re correct but this is genuinely the first time around this point of the season that we aren’t seriously linked with marquee signings. We’ve spent comparatively small in the last 5 years (net spend around 220m) which has been justified with the trophies and income generated.

I’m sure there’s supposed to be a major rebuild this summer and with sales and players on the books amortised to small values I think we had the capacity to ensure the squad was going to be strengthened.

Let’s see how it pans out and we can have a further discussion, really hoping your pov prevails.

All in the bag then

Arent linked with Marquee Signings were linked with Bellingham, gvardiol who are big signings. The issue is were never going to get the media coverage because they want players like bellingham to join the dippers and until it becomes clear they can no longer get the clicks from linking him to the red shirts then we will be linked properly but it will be the money narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.