Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
More insidious stuff from Ornstein on SSN tonight. First time I’ve heard the phrase “almost state owned” in relation to football clubs. What does that mean exactly David? Cropped up on a discussion about spurs possibly bringing back Poch of all things, and how after all they need to do all they can to compete with “almost state owned” clubs.
A sly phrase if ever I heard one.

a) you’re either state owned or you aren’t, and b) regardless of who you’re owned by, you’ve still got to balance the books in some form.

And whilst I’m grumping, that Nick Robinson on the Today programme R4 is doing my nut in with his almost daily references to his beloved united. He’s a football bore of the worst kind, and it would grate on me if as a news presenter on a news programme he was doing it wrt any team, not just them.
I think I need to find some new (non-music) breakfast listening, as he seems to present the show every day ffs.

Yes, we do want the truth. Do you have the bollox to tell it?
We knew this would happen, UEFA have capitulated too early, offer these fuckers a foot and they want a yard, a furlong, a mile. The dipper Gomersall in her reverent tone, talking about fans and Hillsboro, it was 33 years previous so the majority who went to Paris wouldn’t have been in Sheffield.

Fucking grief monkeys, as for Sollkeil, he’s trying to say Madrid fans were badly treated as well because he walked round the ground, not heard much from Madrid have we. I’m sure he’s also said previously he’d not seen any fake tickets. He’s just an apologist, how would he know? Did he check tickets?

I think most of the tweets and images of fake tickets and Dippers blagging into the stadium have been removed from the internet but fortunately they’re still on the 21/22 Dipper thread on here, in and around the 28th May.

Yes, we do want the truth. Do you have the bollox to tell it?
Bit embarrassing to admit, that i've just watched / listened to all 13 minutes of that visual / verbal diarrhea.

Where do i apply to get my time refunded?

Having said that, an absolute gem halfway through. "So if Liverpool get to the final again this year, would you recommend that Liverpool fans don't travel, as the final is still being organised by the same people, that messed up last time?"

Hmmmmmmmmm!
Wouldn't worry too much about that

Anyway, managed to identify any bus wreckers yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.