Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which would rather City be? Media darlings yet in a seemingly permanent crisis that could yet get a lot worse, like our neighbours?
Or chasing our third consecutive PL title, and a fifth in six years, but the subject of often hostile media?

Neither PB, just fair balanced reporting. Without the sly digs, exaggerated spending, sports washing jibes etc, etc.

If we had played Huddersfield in The 10-1 match yesterday-the bbc and other media outlets would have reported it as Huddersfield in eleven goal thriller!
they can all put there own slant on any match we play but the only thing certain is that we won’t go away,we are under there skins like a bad rash that won’t go away and I’m personally loving it

The BBC are a disgrace and the license should be scraped,their coverage of certain teams is the majority of times sickening in the fawning approach to them.The coverage is like it’s a World Cup final and that was only pre season games,where as it seems the coverage for City games is like it’s an afterthought and usually given a cursory mention..

I guess the fact that we were playing both games in the middle of the night didn’t help as they don’t do rolling reporting through the night.
However I couldn’t care less about the media coverage really. We know we are the best team in the land and all the world so why bother looking for a half hearted pat on the back from that lot? Let them be sycophants to the fading lot over in Trafford we are better than them. :-)

p.s. @Ric did you manage the family walk or did you oversleep? I was up at 4.30am as I couldn’t sleep after the game. I’ll catch up this afternoon I guess. :-)

But they are more popular than us, so maybe coverage won’t be ‘balanced’ as in equal, but it will be proportionate (?)

Isn't that a self-fulfilling prophesy though. The more articles they get, the more clicks they get and the more publicity they get so the more coverage they get.

On the other hand, it's a double-edged sword. All that exposure to how shit they are will surely damage the brand. I'm okay with the current status quo but I can see why it winds some people up.

But they are more popular than us, so maybe coverage won’t be ‘balanced’ as in equal, but it will be proportionate (?)
They're the national broadcaster and are supposed to be impartial. Even allowing for the clickbase aspect there was no justification for Slimy Stone to jet off around the world following his beloved rags. An utter shit stain of an organisation and I cannot wait for the day it dies.

The news values at the BBC are supposed to be impartial and balanced. In fact they have a legal requirement to provide this sort of coverage. They are supposed to be different to the commercial sector but their coverage of virtually everything is politicised. There is a particular cultural problem within the online football operation where some of the staff have taken it as a badge of honour to mock City and this has not been tackled by the management at Salford. There is a laddish "banter" culture within some parts of that team which is supposed to operate impartially and in a professional way. Some of the staff are excellent but that is lost in the bigger picture which is pretty toxic.

Don’t bother wasting your time or energy over the bbc. The coverage stinks and always has. Probably one of the most hateful organisations going and should have been taken apart years ago.

The club is still not owned by acceptable ‘people’. We could generate £250-£300m sales this summer and the cretinous pen pushers will find a way to twist the narrative and run down anything remotely positive.

The media is an out of control beast that dictates how certain powers that be want us all to live. City currently don’t fit that bill. We are outsiders, looked down on, accused of distorting the game.

So I will happily put on my tin foil hat and put anyone straight on the matter. Luckily we have a fantastic team to watch. I am still adamant we are approaching a new phase in our ascension. Nothing stays the same and the tide will turn. Wear the battle scars with pride. We are here and we are here to stay.

MCFC.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.