Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its the summer and I am having a break from football, still trying to remember what happened and what I did in thise crazy 5 minutes v Villa !

But why get so upset about our shitty press/media in this country ?

It's clear City are growing world wide the press/media can pretend its not happening but it is. The rags are trying to bully De Jong into signing whilst City sign the most in demand striker !

I saw a lad of about 10 in my little village, full new City kit on and Haaland on the back. I think Haaland has raised City influence more than any press/media could.

The more successful City became the more shit our press/media will give us. Because we dont do their click bait or do talksport. They need the dippers and rags for their jobs.

Personally just forget about the press/media and enjoy the summer.

I mean that article about the City of Manchester selling land to City. Where there loads if developers queuing up to buy the land ? It's not always about the price you can get for land but for what the owners want to use the land for.

They're the national broadcaster and are supposed to be impartial. Even allowing for the clickbase aspect there was no justification for Slimy Stone to jet off around the world following his beloved rags. An utter shit stain of an organisation and I cannot wait for the day it dies.
Baby and bath water.
BBC Football is not the BBC.

When I pull up the BBC's sports page I don't see a single mention of this game, but do see the story about ours. So no, no like that one?

It’s there but not as many articles as the daily mail. Personally I’m not arsed, I imagine that saturating the market is as bad as ignoring.

The news values at the BBC are supposed to be impartial and balanced. In fact they have a legal requirement to provide this sort of coverage. They are supposed to be different to the commercial sector but their coverage of virtually everything is politicised. There is a particular cultural problem within the online football operation where some of the staff have taken it as a badge of honour to mock City and this has not been tackled by the management at Salford. There is a laddish "banter" culture within some parts of that team which is supposed to operate impartially and in a professional way. Some of the staff are excellent but that is lost in the bigger picture which is pretty toxic.
Not gonna argue about BBC online football coverage mate re City mate; how could any City fan.

But it is also a fact that they are going to have more prominent coverage of the most popular teams (united,liverpool). You watch coverage of Glasto, you’re gonna expect more prominent coverage of the most popular acts, even if they aren’t to your taste. Public service broadcasting doesn’t mean equal coverage to all professional football teams in the country.
All that said, yeah, that place (online football) comes across like it’s full of red wind up merchants.

Oh I agree and am not going to stop attacking particularly egregious examples of misreporting. That moron Luke Edwards produced a particularly bad example yesterday when he penned an article asking why, if Newcastle were the 'world's richest club' (his words, not mine) weren't they spending more.

Newcastle's turnover in the last financial year was £140m, which is about a quarter of ours. Maybe that, plus FFP rules, explains it.
Newcastle have latitude though due to Ashley’s frugal spending. As you will be aware they can buy players over lengthy contracts and inject cash funds as Chelsea are doing, using the Abramovich soft loan model, I still don’t know how that doesn’t break FFP though.

I think from this season transfers and wages have to be no more than 90% of turnover and in three years time it drops to 70%. There’s also the restriction on owner related sponsorship, as Martin Samuel’s says why don’t they just admit they’re just doing their best to stitch us up.

Don’t bother wasting your time or energy over the bbc. The coverage stinks and always has. Probably one of the most hateful organisations going and should have been taken apart years ago.

The club is still not owned by acceptable ‘people’. We could generate £250-£300m sales this summer and the cretinous pen pushers will find a way to twist the narrative and run down anything remotely positive.

The media is an out of control beast that dictates how certain powers that by want us all to live. City currently don’t fit that bill. We are outsiders, looked down on, accused of distorting the game.

So I will happily put on my tin foil hat and put anyone straight on the matter. Luckily we have a fantastic team to watch. I am still adamant we are approaching a new phase in our ascension. Nothing stays the same and the tide will turn. Wear the battle scars with pride. We are here and we are here to stay.

MCFC.
They know that City's owners and the way the club is run is untouchable unless American owned clubs change their models, their clubs grow mainly through TV deals.
The media's tact is to try and drag us back down to the level the chasing pack are, there not gonna reach the levels were at, the gap is more likely to grow in the foreseeable future.

Over in Nerja Spain at the moment,the Jimmy’s on the beach selling the new City home kit with Haaland on the back lots of the young kids wearing City shirts more than I’ve seen before .Think the Haaland deal has helped
Same here, we are in Skiathos at present, seen quite a few City shirts for sale with Haaland on the back.

There is massive denial going on about City.

If people think we have no fans then take a look at these 2 games.

There is visible deferens in these US games from our previous tours. You can just feel and see how big our support is in the state.

About our finances and the way the club is run there are very naive way both the media and fans of other clubs are thinking.
It is almost like they think that talking it down will somehow make us go away but the reality is we are only getting stronger soon we will win the CL and then they have nothing on us.
Then they’ll say your not a big club until you’ve won multiple champs leagues! It’ll never stop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.