Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The season hasn't even started and we are discussing bias. The reality appears to be that we will be unfairly/under reported until one of the following happens.

1. The analytics tell them it is no longer good business to denigrate or ignore us.

2. Editorial positions change towards us as a result of different personnel or strategies.tied to the above.

3. The club gets aggressive or litigious, though this will only resolve egregious errors not general bias.

4. Something else I've missed.

In the absence of these things happening this thread has evolved mostly into a mechanism for us to blow off steam, catalogue our grievances. This is a legitimate reason for a thread but I wonder if there is merit in splitting it into more than one thread?

At the moment we have the occasional other media discussion in with lots of posts pointing out that Delaney or Harris etc aren't playing with a full deck, or commentary on the BBC/Stone all of which we've known for quite some time and probably won't change anytime soon.

Not saying this isn't legitimate commentary/opinion just wonder if it's time to split this out in some way, shape or form? I do recognise that an 'agenda' thread runs the risk of feeding the narrative that we are paranoid but maybe it can be framed in different terms?

The Media thought "if they told lies about us, belittled every bit of hard work and success we had and created a vacuum of hate full of untrust and bordering racism, we'd just go away".

Now we're at the point where they think "if we just ignore them, they'll go away"...

Reality is going to sting like 'gravel rash' in a hot shower when they awake to find us still here.

It should and would be funny.....if it wasn't so embarrassingly childish, they're grown men and women after all.

Anyhow, 20 years ago we'd have chopped our left legs off to be in this position, so don't let a few petulant pricks ruin it, just enjoy this ride and furthermore enjoy your Sunday, with the family.

Especially you Ric.... ;^)

Keep smiling Blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.