Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
FrhrSwPXgAYIRtN
No!

But the novelty of you pretending to be a sports journalist wore off years ago.

Imagine my surprise this morning when BBC Breakfast wanted Mitrovic banned indefinitely for a push on the ref.

Never mentioned Fernandes pushing a linesman 2 weeks ago tjough
If they hand out a long ban he should move to Italy, hands all over the refs over there at the moment, no shoving mind.

Question for the clever ones on here. If the 2 of you are awake that is.
Basically, if someone posts a daily mail article slagging City off and 500 look at it, does the mail get 500 clicks to show advertisers etc how popular they are ?
I ask because if they do we are feeding the enemy. Its the same with Goldbridge, the Guardian and many others.

It'll be justified by saying Haaland joining City was always going to result in an enormous amount of goals The only question was, how many
Whereas St Fishfingers had an extraordinary goalscoring season that no one expected
Same logic that Robbie Savage used on radio 5 a couple of weeks back to claim that Ten Hag was a better manger than Pep Guardiola.

He explained that it was based on the success that Ten Hag had achieved this season with a team of limited ability. I.e. One major trophy and competing for the quadruple. Contrast that to Pep with an expensive squad of world superstars, two players for every position, that has won nothing this season.

Question for the clever ones on here. If the 2 of you are awake that is.
Basically, if someone posts a daily mail article slagging City off and 500 look at it, does the mail get 500 clicks to show advertisers etc how popular they are ?
I ask because if they do we are feeding the enemy. Its the same with Goldbridge, the Guardian and many others.
Not if all they're doing is looking at the posted image or even twitter post on here (at least that's my belief). They would need to actually click on it or go to the website or twitter post directly to do that. Videos however would count if played on here.

I'm not claiming to be one of the clever ones by the way and I barely feel awake yet anyway :)

He passed a comment that Mike Doyle and Glynn Pardoe follow Tommys career intensely and when he scored then went on to sat they will be celebrating with the Sheff U fans tonight.

extremely crass and ill informed
These commentators pontificate to us all match trying to imply they are the fonts of all knowledge, yet this particular buffoon made a disgraceful error not once but twice.

Talking about Tommy Doyle "His grandfathers Mike Doyle and Glyn Pardoe still follow his career avidly".

When Tommy scored "Both grandfathers will be celebrating that goal"

• Mike Doyle - Passed away on the 27/06/11 (I was one of hundreds who watched the hearse passing the Etihad)
  • Glyn Pardoe - Passed away 26/05/20
Simply no excuse for the first mistake and even more so for the repeat.

I have very fond memories of Mike in particular. After a midweek night match away to Nottingham forest I was driving home with 4 friends when we caught up with the team bus. We saw it turn into a hotel and decided to follow it. When we entered the hotel with our scarves on an employee asked us if we were with the team and we said that we were. He showed us into a room and low and behold there were the team Malcolm Alison, Mike Summerbee and Francis Lee were at the bar chatting the rest of the players and staff were sat around the room having a drink and eating food provided by the hotel. We cowered at a corner table and all had a drink but didn't disturb any of the players. When the team got up to leave Mike Doyle came over to our table with a plate full of sandwiches and said "here you are lads have these on us". Great memories and a True Blue.

These commentators pontificate to us all match trying to imply they are the fonts of all knowledge, yet this particular buffoon made a disgraceful error not once but twice.

Talking about Tommy Doyle "His grandfathers Mike Doyle and Glyn Pardoe still follow his career avidly".

• Mike Doyle - Passed away on the 27/06/11 (I was one of hundreds who watched the hearse passing the Etihad)

I have very fond memories of Mike in particular. After a midweek night match away to Nottingham forest I was driving home with 4 friends when we caught up with the team bus. We saw it turn into a hotel and decided to follow it. When we entered the hotel with our scarves on an employee asked us if we were with the team and we said that we were. He showed us into a room and low and behold there were the team Malcolm Alison, Mike Summerbee and Francis Lee were at the bar chatting the rest of the players and staff were sat around the room having a drink and eating food provided by the hotel. We cowered at a corner table and all had a drink but didn't disturb any of the players. When the team got up to leave Mike Doyle came over to our table with a plate full of sandwiches and said "here you are lads have these on us". Great memories and a True Blue.

I thought I heard him say that about his grandfathers, pathetic & no chance he’d have got it wrong if it was Rags from that era.

I got the distinct feeling he had no idea before & did a quick Wikipedia check without looking at Mike & Glyn’s pages. He should send a sincere apology to the families.

Lived just near me, was a member of Ashton GC and very good golfer, around 1 handicap. He stayed off the drink for a good few months but was suffering with diabetes and wasn’t well. He finally succumbed to liver failure unfortunately at the age of 64, I was outside the Church in Ashton where they had the service, it was rammed inside and out, most of his team mates were there and loads of City fans in their colours.

Btw, he hated the Rags!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.