Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t follow it that closely to be honest. But it seems Chelsea win the league most years and if it’s correct City had lost 11 straight to them, the comment about the ‘elite’ I was taking as meaning specifically them and seems valid.

If they actually name checked Arsenal, then it’s clearly bullshit, as pretty much the only other game I’ve watched was City battering them the other week.
I don’t even know the exact quote we’re discussing. And I’m assuming you don’t either. Even the guy who quoted it, changed it second time he used it. Anyway. My original comment was more out of surprise that anybody has beaten City 11 tones on the trot, as I knew City were consistently one of the better teams.

I didn’t change anything, you jumped in as you do & quoted a completely different commentary by a completely different gender & likely on a completely different channel as I watched it on Optus.

I didn’t change anything, you jumped in as you do & quoted a completely different commentary by a completely different gender & likely on a completely different channel as I watched it on Optus.
I couldn't be bothered replying to him. He changes his stance after every post just to be contrary. Despite your post using the phrase 'elite teams' (plural) he decided it was just Chelsea.

They did so we had an early kick off. I was hung over like fuck, dying all the way there. Fortunately I recovered in time for the pub after the match. Well you have to.

I remember walking back along the Thames before getting the train into the big smoke & carrying on. Great day.

I'm struggling with a picture question in the daily quiz in yesterday''s Times 2 pull-out. It shows a ginger-haired man in a light blue shirt, with the caption: "Who is this Manchester City and Belgium midfielder?"
I don't know the guy.

I'm struggling with a picture question in the daily quiz in yesterday''s Times 2 pull-out. It shows a ginger-haired man in a light blue shirt, with the caption: "Who is this Manchester City and Belgium midfielder?"
I don't know the guy.
Don't have any ginger Belgians.

Where were we...?

Lovely sunny day, didn’t England play the same time.
From memory I think we kicked off about 12/12.30 as England kicked off at 3pm (strangely we didn't have any players in the England team that day!!!).
I was in the boozer for about 11am, great piss up, great City support that day and a good result too as we were starting to get our act together in that division by that point.
My only visit to The Madjeski stadium so far. For me, It certainly has better memories than Elm Park , a bit of a dump really and we were truly shocking the last couple of times we played there!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.