Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not bothered by the media ignoring us or by rags like the Echo peddling their silly stories. I am, however, bothered by any outright lies told by these sources. The post Vicky regime should concentrate in refuting lies, of which there are plenty.
The post Vicky regime should just ban the usual suspects/muppets of the uk media, as there is no point in having them there , as the articles they produce are biased to billy anyway. As per my previous post (BBC match report on City) journalists clearly don’t need to be at a match to write a story, so just ban any lying muppet, and leave them to sort out.

I am not bothered by the media ignoring us or by rags like the Echo peddling their silly stories. I am, however, bothered by any outright lies told by these sources. The post Vicky regime should concentrate in refuting lies, of which there are plenty.
The issue with refuting all the bullshit is that the media occasionally report something that is correct
If City start denying all kind of stuff, when there is something true that may be "uncomfortable" the club is leaving itself open to a pile on
The club has taken action, especially when the press have reported untruths on players, but it generally leaves the attacks on the club itself to become chip paper
The one incident that the club should have very strongly acted upon was Rob Harris' question to Pep after the Watford cup final

Over in Nerja Spain at the moment,the Jimmy’s on the beach selling the new City home kit with Haaland on the back lots of the young kids wearing City shirts more than I’ve seen before .Think the Haaland deal has helped
Lovely place, changed a lot now now, lived out there for 6 months, had a right giggle, The Zigamar, Z Bar, Villa Flamenca, Coconuts, Linda's Bar, Restaurante Merendero Moreno, Potters Bar, did a little work for Shambles. Seeing other City shirts or t shirts was very rare mooching about town and along the Playa Burriana, Paco's cafe/bar (Cafeteria Bahia) used to have a City tea towel hanging behind his counter that I gave him. Good to hear Ner swarming with City now.

Last edited:
The issue with refuting all the bullshit is that the media occasionally report something that is correct
If City start denying all kind of stuff, when there is something true that may be "uncomfortable" the club is leaving itself open to a pile on
The club has taken action, especially when the press have reported untruths on players, but it generally leaves the attacks on the club itself to become chip paper
The one incident that the club should have very strongly acted upon was Rob Harris' question to Pep after the Watford cup final
How about “City get regular injections of cash from the sovereign wealth fund of AbuDhabi” (Graun)? Note that this accuses our chairman of a criminal offence.

The post Vicky regime should just ban the usual suspects/muppets of the uk media, as there is no point in having them there , as the articles they produce are biased to billy anyway. As per my previous post (BBC match report on City) journalists clearly don’t need to be at a match to write a story, so just ban any lying muppet, and leave them to sort out.

That’ll make us feel better but the general media would have a field day. Middle Eastern owners silence the British free press ! Honestly it won’t be a good luck and wouldn’t end well.

How about “City get regular injections of cash from the sovereign wealth fund of AbuDhabi” (Graun)? Note that this accuses our chairman of a criminal offence.
That’s an attack on the club and the Guardian is only read by about ten people, nine of them off here
The club should just deny access to players from unfriendly media and do the absolute minimum where contractual stuff, BBC post match interviews etc, is concerned
But it not as straightforward as that as players want to raise their profile. The more they’re in the positive spotlight, the more commercial income they will generate for themselves. Or when it comes to a good cause they’re supporting they want the media onside to help promote it

That’ll make us feel better but the general media would have a field day. Middle Eastern owners silence the British free press ! Honestly it won’t be a good luck and wouldn’t end well.
so what do we do ? We can't just let them waltz in , look after them give them a lovely lunch and then let them print lies and falsehoods. We need to identify who these weasels are and confront them on their journalism. If they dont listen, ban them. Or is that too simplistic or unrealistic ?

That’s an attack on the club and the Guardian is only read by about ten people, nine of them off here
The club should just deny access to players from unfriendly media and do the absolute minimum where contractual stuff, BBC post match interviews etc, is concerned
But it not as straightforward as that as players want to raise their profile. The more they’re in the positive spotlight, the more commercial income they will generate for themselves. Or when it comes to a good cause they’re supporting they want the media onside to help promote it
Yes, it can get messy. Guardian football pages (free on line) are reportedly one of the top readerships in England.

Paid for by the TV Licence fee payer.

BC20-AB95-68-FE-4-EF1-BE44-A1-B5-A1026-EEF.png
I cancelled my licence a few years ago it's such a nice feeling! my missus has been given the drill if they come knocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.