Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBC Sport didn't send anyone to cover City (PL Champions) v the German Rags, Haaland's debut, and Haaland's first City goal.

Myabe Stone got stuck in Australia and missed the flight to America?

Or he boarded the wrong plane and flew back to Manchester with the United squad?

There is no named reporter to the article. File as knocked up at Mediacity, Salford Quays.

4-FCF367-E-B62-D-41-C1-8-E41-8-FE88-DBBEBB0.png

Last edited:
If people think that there is not a deliberate policy to ignore City by the British media at the moment, they are sadly mistaken.

Let's examine some facts. Haaland is undoubtedly one of the biggest signings in Premier League history. He is one of the highest profile players in the world and potentially developing into the best player in the world over the coming years. We are not talking about a world star past his best or a very young player with loads of potential e.g. Ronaldo signing with United on both occasions or Vinicius Jnr for Real Madrid.

Haaland's signing and the prospect of future success at City also poses an enormous threat to the brands of Manchester United and Liverpool. It therefore seems logical that they would call on their friends in the media to limit the potential damage.

An iconic world star at City is a potential game changer in club finances as well as on the pitch. If current story's are to be believed, United would allow Ronaldo to leave on a year's loan to Athletico, only if he signs on for a further year with them. From a footballing perspective this makes little sense, however it illustrates the financial and commercial benefits that accrue from retaining an iconic star.

I believe our owners view the British media as an inevitable and but relatively insignificant obstacle. They are working towards creating a worldwide fan base for the club and there is an advantage to being seen as a young vibrant side who are not part of the old favoured guard of powerful clubs.

Young football fans even in the UK want something different and will in my opinion be increasingly attracted to City. They do not get their updates from the BBC or the Mail. They ignore Facebook as old school and look more to online content provided by club channels to learn about their club. In this regard City are well ahead of the rivals and its development is part of our clubs strategy overtake our rivals.

Various British media organisations have provided the minimum possible coverage of the Haaland debut. Undoubtedly this will have the blessing of our local neighbours as they fight to be relevant on any level. From a wider perspective however, they can not halt our increasing popularity to a worldwide audience. The number of youtube views of our match highlights compares favourably to our media backed rivals. Haalands post match interviews were conducted by media outlets from various parts of the world in multiple languages. The increasing blue shirts and chants from the stands also illustrated our growing popularity.

Personally I have decided to stop using BBC football online for any information, for the coming season. They do not deserve one click.
Global City! Yay! World club....

Can we now have a thread about "tourists" at the Etihad?

Over in Nerja Spain at the moment,the Jimmy’s on the beach selling the new City home kit with Haaland on the back lots of the young kids wearing City shirts more than I’ve seen before .Think the Haaland deal has helped

Was in Istanbul & Marrakesh the weekend after, before Haaland’s number was announced, everywhere was selling Haaland 9 shirts front and centre.

BBC Sport didn't send anyone to cover City (PL Champions) v the German Rags, Haaland's debut, and Haaland's first City goal.

Or he boarded the wrong plane and flew back to Manchester with the United squad?

There is no named reporter to the article. File as knocked up at Mediacity, Salford Quays.

They didn’t send anyone from MediaCity to cover Haaland’s unveiling about five miles away, never mind America!

Another day, and another City related headline and article in the (deluded and obsessed) Liverpool Echo. Lol!

View attachment 50734
You only went and made me look the article up since you didn't give a summary but it's actually not their usual total nonsense. It's about how we've strengthened Arsenal & Chelsea whilst strengthening ourselves, and it's not wrong (stopped clocks and all that mind).

Newcastle have latitude though due to Ashley’s frugal spending. As you will be aware they can buy players over lengthy contracts and inject cash funds as Chelsea are doing, using the Abramovich soft loan model, I still don’t know how that doesn’t break FFP though.

I think from this season transfers and wages have to be no more than 90% of turnover and in three years time it drops to 70%. There’s also the restriction on owner related sponsorship, as Martin Sammuals says why don’t they just admit they’re just doing their best to stitch us up.
Over in Nerja Spain at the moment,the Jimmy’s on the beach selling the new City home kit with Haaland on the back lots of the young kids wearing City shirts more than I’ve seen before .Think the Haaland deal has helped
My favourite Spanish resort Nerja, not been since Covid but I’ll definitely be back, love the place.

Which begs the question, why would the BBC pay an all expenses jolly for Mr Stone to produce a daily dirge of dire dribble, when it’s clear , a match report is perfectly easy to produce from the comfort of Media City at a 10th (or more!) of the cost of Mr Stone’s jolly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.