Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s worse than that. It shows a complete lack of consideration for us supporters. Like managing its relationship with Liverpool is more important to the club than protecting us supporters, especially given the statement relates to a wholly false narrative that has been allowed to establish itself, in part by the club.

The club seems content to propagate that false narrative, rather than defend its own supporters. I could live with them choosing to ignore it, and there’s an argument that’s the best approach, but the club has unilaterally chosen to release a statement throwing us under a bus, because some people have chosen to interpret what was sung to suit their own ends.

Against the backdrop of all we’ve had to endure against these cunts, and following the same supine approach after last year’s semi final, when it was clear to anyone observing it that the singing was inadvertent, I’m fucking fuming at the club for this.

They need to be very careful travelling down this path.
Quite right. Yet again though I would urge City Matters, Supporters Club to make strong complaints but I won’t hold my breath

Quite right. Yet again though I would urge City Matters, Supporters Club to make strong complaints but I won’t hold my breath
In an indecent haste to placate those who seek to destroy us, I think the club has completely misread its own support in relation to this.

There is no point crying about the club statement. The fact is LFC think the Victims chant is about Hillsborough so that means it can’t be sung without getting a load of shit in the media. And if its like Saturday then the club will continue to have to write apologies.

No matter what we think it’s about it shouldn’t be sung.

We can argue quite rightly all day that it’s nothing to do with Hillsborough - but the minute they claimed it was a reference to Hillsborough it can’t be sung without the shit in the media and public apologies.

If we had the same kind of media control that they do it might be different.

Article about Liverpool holdings crisis talks after the defeat against City and losing 3 games in a row.

Embedded at the bottom of the article.

7874F83D-9A15-4F39-8396-6B44B82F46C3.jpeg
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

They can’t give City any credit can they, after a must win match, meaning the title race is still open.

I too am offended as, in my mind, it harks back to the Victorian era when Manchester's leather trade collapsed and as a result the "pure finders" who would normally clear the faeces from the streets were forced to find work in other areas which invariably left the streets of Manchester "full of shit".... or some other made-up bullshit story that a scouser would tenuously link to a chant in order to illustrate a multi-generational struggle against poverty and oppression and why it NEEDS to stop.

For a bunch of northerners that clunge of cunts from the wrong end of the M62 don't half have thin skin.

Oh Scousers skins are very thin
They're very thin, thin and more thin

I would like to know which employee made the decision to put out that statement. Just how ignorant, ill-informed and stupid are they?

Correct.

No proof it was a City fan who smashed the window.

Away from the ground and the Etihad Campus.

So nothing to do with City.

Yet City release a statement.

It won’t surprise me if City paid for a new coach window, and also paid for the coach to be serviced as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.