Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only song I heard was the "Victims" song. I think you can debate for hours on whether that is a tragedy chant or not. If the Liverpool fans think it is then I'd rather we did not sing it. If we don't sing it then there should be no complaints. Perhaps sing about their specific missdemeanours in a different way. I'm no bard but I'm penning a small operetta about them featuring computer hacking, Alan Turing, bus damaging and going for pee in inappropriate places.
In that case, I'm offended by them singing 'oh Manchester is full of shit'*. Will they be asked to stop singing that? If not, who arbitrates over what is/isn't offensive and why do their feelings trump mine? Can you see where this is going? As far as I can see, there is nothing in the stadium regulations about such chanting, but in any case, what was sung made no reference whatsoever to Hillsborough.

*It doesn't actually offend me, but I'm illustrating a point.

We try too hard to be liked that's my big gripe with our club. Take the game in December against the scouse twats, all the shit was coming from the Liverpool fans that night yet we somehow had to issue an apology for our fans behaviour, unbelievable. The same at their place this season, we couldn't wait to issue an apology for the supposed graffiti on the toilet door, to this day I still don't believe any City fan would use the word ' kopite ' bs.
And to think these fuckers want us punished as severely as possible, titles stripped relegated to the conference, it makes me sick. Grow a pair City and start sticking up for your supporters, it's long overdue now

I would like to know which employee made the decision to put out that statement. Just how ignorant, ill-informed and stupid are they?
It’s worse than that. It shows a complete lack of consideration for us supporters. Like managing its relationship with Liverpool is more important to the club than protecting us supporters, especially given the statement relates to a wholly false narrative that has been allowed to establish itself, in part by the club.

The club seems content to propagate that false narrative, rather than defend its own supporters. I could live with them choosing to ignore it, and there’s an argument that’s the best approach, but the club has unilaterally chosen to release a statement throwing us under a bus, because some people have chosen to interpret what was sung to suit their own ends.

Against the backdrop of all we’ve had to endure against these cunts, and following the same supine approach after last year’s semi final, when it was clear to anyone observing it that the singing was inadvertent, I’m fucking fuming at the club for this.

They need to be very careful travelling down this path.

It’s worse than that. It shows a complete lack of consideration for us supporters. Like managing its relationship with Liverpool is more important to the club than protecting us supporters, especially given the statement relates to a wholly false narrative that has been allowed to establish itself, in part by the club.

The club seems content to propagate that false narrative, rather than defend its own supporters. I could live with them choosing to ignore it, and there’s an argument that’s the best approach, but the club has unilaterally chosen to release a statement throwing us under a bus, because some people have chosen to interpret what was sung to suit their own ends.

Against the backdrop of all we’ve had to endure against these cunts, and following the same supine approach after last year’s semi final, when it was clear to anyone observing it that the singing was inadvertent, I’m fucking fuming at the club for this.

They need to be very careful travelling down this path.

Surely somebody with some input into actually having a dialogue with the cretins that are quick to apologise on our behalf can put them straight?

Maybe it's time to come up with new chants that demonstrably and clearly aren't about Hillsborough.

However, to my mind the 'Victims' chant isn't about Hillsborough but about their general attitude to life; so it's easier said than done. Truth-twisting and false narratives are the norms at Anfield, let's be honest. So, short of getting all future chants approved by some sort of academic who analyses the meaning of words, I am not sure even new chants won't somehow be twisted to be 'about Hillsborough'.

Surely somebody with some input into actually having a dialogue with the cretins that are quick to apologise on our behalf can put them straight?
Damage is done, mate - and the club can hardly change its position now after making that statement. They’ve painted themselves into a hopelessly naive corner. Presumably they are expecting the supporters to back down in future fixtures, but they have spectacularly underestimated the depth of feeling amongst City fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.