Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to listen to loads of football podcasts, but I’ve stopped most of them due to the constant bitching about our ownership and also because they are mostly made up of upper middle class twats who look down their noses at City fans, so I really just listen to the excellent 93:20. I thought I’d give the ESPNFC one a go, pleasantly surprised over the last week or so, especially today when Craig Burley went on a top class rant about Bayern’s fans. Though, I see Mark Ogden works for them so I’m sure he’ll spout shire sooner rather than later.
Pious, morally virtuous Oxbridge types sneering at our fans for having the temerity to question their bullshit.

I used to listen to loads of football podcasts, but I’ve stopped most of them due to the constant bitching about our ownership and also because they are mostly made up of upper middle class twats who look down their noses at City fans, so I really just listen to the excellent 93:20. I thought I’d give the ESPNFC one a go, pleasantly surprised over the last week or so, especially today when Craig Burley went on a top class rant about Bayern’s fans. Though, I see Mark Ogden works for them so I’m sure he’ll spout shire sooner rather than later.

Craig Burley isn't a bad pundit, one of the better ones IMO, it helps that Nedum gets an outing on that channel too.

Is XG the stupidest stat ever. How can a team score three goals and the other score one and then the team who score one have a better XG. what a load of nonsense.
Most football stats are useless in isolation. It’s when all the different stats & data is seen together, that you can have an analytical view of football, then make more rational decisions as you have the information available

Massively important part of the game at the top level

If Nunez has a high xG and low goals that proves he's a shit finisher so quite the opposite
‘he gets in the right positions, hence the chances as represented by the xG numbers - it just isn’t breaking right for him yet’ would be the (wrong) argument that people make in that case. As you say, that’s a misrepresentation of what xG actually is, but because xG is more subjective than actual goals, it leaves room for this subterfuge motivated by wishful thinking.

Most football stats are useless in isolation. It’s when all the different stats & data is seen together, that you can have an analytical view of football, then make more rational decisions as you have the information available

Massively important part of the game at the top level
Fair enough. But the only stat that counts is that we win 3-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.