Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is XG the stupidest stat ever. How can a team score three goals and the other score one and then the team who score one have a better XG. what a load of nonsense.
Because xG doesn’t measure the likelihood of an individual player scoring a chance (or a team in a specific match), it is a metric that provides the average likelihood of any player, in any match, scoring from that position on the pitch based on literally millions of measured outcomes over many years across many leagues.

Thus a team can massively under perform their aggregate xG in a match, as we have on numerous occasions (think the Forest game).

Danny Murphy on MOTD. I'm still not convinced by haaland's penalty kicks Eh?!!?
Murphy was an average player and is a less than average pundit. He's a bitter scouse who fails to cope with our success. He is forever advocating on MoTD that teams/players should "leave something on him" to stop whatever City player they are talking about. He again made two thinly veiled suggestions last night that teams should be ensuring injury and that, if he had been on the pitch, he would have done it. Then he would have blamed someone else and demanded an apology. Time the BBC ditched the cnut.

41 and in ridiculously good shape, I’m just not so old and confused as to be scared on new ways to analyse the game - other than “I think we were unlucky to lose that”.
Analyse it anyway you wish, it matters not to me, and just don't bore the tits off everyone else. I'm not sure about the shape of your head though, having to filter all that nonsense.
1681646391804.png1681646391804.png

BBC Sport making it up as they go along. Apparently we lined up yesterday with Big Erl in the midfield, Super Jack as the lone striker, and Kyle Walker at Outside Left.
1A3C9435-349D-4907-977E-73D1598625EE.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.