Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
No.

I'm a born and bred proud Manc and the ship means nothing to me (in my general existence), other than i quite like it on our crest.

So you just can't seem to bring yourself to call something out even if that thing is someone stretching the bounds of reality by associating a cartoon ship with slavery even though nobody even knows if the ship is a representation of a real ship?

People having an opinion and calling someone out for being a busy **** isn't frothing, getting red faced or being a snowflake.

christ there are some sensitive people on here!! people get so wound up and outraged over fuck all!! it's just some guy thinking about where these things come from. my word. The best bit is how a massively outraged person goes on the offensive about sensitive snowflakes bringing up this that and the other, whilst they themselves getting very red faced about a simple discussion.

Martin Samuel has it right that biggest snowflakes are often those on the right of the political spectrum.

It's why the tabloids/the media increasingly focus on stories for people on the right as they are so easily outraged (usually about the idea that people are outraged and want to cancel them or something they like) and are far likely to get angry about it, call others snowflakes, woke, etc and share/talk about the article; often without even reading the article!

Whenever an article looks at past links to slavery/racism there is a very strange and angry reaction to them - usually the headline - as I doubt people actually read them.

It’s always the same half dozen posters getting very red in the face and about these things, drawing hysterical conclusions and insulting everyone who disagrees with them.

On the BBC Sport website there are a couple of articles that may be of interest...

Great Champions League comebacks

and ... Edersons Worst Season.

Amazing stuff...
It is really peculiar that on a day when City are trying to remain the last English club in the Champions League the most prominent story about our club on both the BBC Sports and Football Home Pages is a contrived article about Ederson apparently "having his worst PL season ever for City." The actual contortions to produce such a negative story says a lot about the mindset of the staff at BBC online. It is absurd really.

That’s very presumptuous.

Maybe.

It's not a revelation that sub-editors increasingly use a provocative headline to get people angry and talk about the article. Many headlines these days bear little resemblance to the actual article or quotes contained in it and skew a persons perception to it.

Football headlines are often the worst, "An ex-pro, SLAMS another club." You then read the article and the quotes aren't anything like that. Political headlines just following the same pattern.

It is really peculiar that on a day when City are trying to remain the last English club in the Champions League the most prominent story about our club on both the BBC Sports and Football Home Pages is a contrived article about Ederson apparently "having his worst PL season ever for City." The actual contortions to produce such a negative story says a lot about the mindset of the staff at BBC online. It is absurd really.

You'd genuinely think we weren't playing, nowt in the first screen for us at Bayern.

screenshot-www.bbc.co.uk-.png

It’s always the same half dozen posters getting very red in the face and about these things, drawing hysterical conclusions and insulting everyone who disagrees with them.

Again no one has been hysterical, I saw a few people think the cheeky cunts. I understand why they think that despite that I think it’s very possible there is a link, let’s be honest we are Cottonopolis.

I do think it’s the Guardian whataboutery that doesn’t mean it’s wrong.

Maybe.

It's not a revelation that sub-editors increasingly use a provocative headline to get people angry and talk about the article. Many headlines these days bear little resemblance to the actual article or quotes contained in it and skew a persons perception to it.

Football headlines are often the worst, "An ex-pro, SLAMS another club." You then read the article and the quotes aren't anything like that. Political headlines just following the same pattern.

I got the jist people read it.

Again no one has been hysterical, I saw a few people think the cheeky cunts. I understand why they think that despite that I think it’s very possible there is a link, let’s be honest we are Cottonopolis.

I do think it’s the Guardian whataboutery that doesn’t mean it’s wrong.

You’re really not looking very hard if you can’t find people overreacting and getting angry.

We’ve had people post that anyone who agrees with the article is a ****, and talking about just stop oil vandalising buildings, book burnings or asking if we have to knock down every 19th century building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.