Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't normally bother with the HYS section of the match report, but just responded to a poster with the user name 'Champ20ns' who referred to City as Citeh.

My comment was literally as below :-

"I'm guessing by your user name that you're a United fan ? The second giveaway, is that you don't see the irony of taking the mickey out of the Manchester accent which means you're a typical United fan from the home counties. Deary me"

I've just had an email from the BBC saying that my comment has been removed as it broke the house rules ???

So let's see - making comments calling City "Oil Cheats" and "FFP Cheats" is perfectly ok, but pointing out the irony of someone who apparently supports a Manchester team taking the Mickey out of the Manchester accent is offensive ???

Who moderates this shite ?? Bacon Face ??
Same as you I responded a couple of weeks ago to someone calling us Oil fc. The only thing the moderator objected to and withdrew my comment was an indirect comment along the lines someone must be sad with their references to us. I sent an e mail in response which amongst other things I pointed out that Oil fc could be construed as racism...... no response.

Sky sports have nothing but womens football on today lol. Meanwhile the English mens champions are into another champions league semi final. Disgraceful coverage.

article-0-0D679BDC000005DC-924_634x443.jpg
Been in there, was staying at the Belle Tout lighthouse, the staff in that pub were as miserable as sin, they really should not be working there considering the reputation of the nearby cliff

Sorry can't share sources on here but I know it's true and so do any lurking BBC hacks who watch this forum closely. Not suggesting you are one.
I’d say you’ve got it spot on bobby, you can see the proof with the regular “mistakes” clearly aimed at winding up blues. It’s known that a number of the fuckers came over from OT and just look at that **** Stones - like a teenage raggy fanboy instead of a serious sports journalist. It’s especially inexcusable in a publicly funded environment where people like me have pay for their childish shite - and it will come back and bite them on the arse. The BBC won’t be able to carry on as they are as they seem incapable of being professional.

I’d say you’ve got it spot on bobby, you can see the proof with the regular “mistakes” clearly aimed at winding up blues. It’s known that a number of the fuckers came over from OT and just look at that **** Stones - like a teenage raggy fanboy instead of a serious sports journalist. It’s especially inexcusable in a publicly funded environment where people like me have pay for their childish shite - and it will come back and bite them on the arse. The BBC won’t be able to carry on as they are as they seem incapable of being professional.
To be fair there are some really high quality professional journalists working at the BBC (including Sport) but they are not (on the whole) the ones with leadership roles (who are making the bad decisions).

BBC text top headline last night : 'Man Utd beat Arsenal'..... no problem with the ladies football getting very good and deserved coverage but.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.