Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missed that but I was listening earlier this morning and Brazil stated that he hopes City win it. Give him his credit he said the same last year. Bit of banter with fans or even disagreeing with a few points our fans say if that’s what happened this morning isn’t a big deal. We disagree on here between each other all the time.
Chucked talkragshite on for 5 mins when going to the supermarket this morning, all I got were adverts and two dickheads being borderline 'Mind You Language' racist doing Italian accents and pissing themselves.

Fucking state of that station.

I agree. I would be interested in hearing what Gary James has to say on the subject.

I like the bee, but I like the ship more
I'd quite like a ship full of bees on the badge.

I had th edispleasure of watching the BT coverage last night, they were practically willing Bayern on like they were the plucky underdogs it was very strange to watch us cast in this light, considering that we are an British team and they are a British Broadcaster, the only thing it can be is that they are chasing all the armchair Liverpool, Arsenal and United fans who would never want us to win, and to be too much on our side might prove problematic to them.

But I've never seen a British tema covered like that

Shit not on BT it is
RTE have Irish terrestrial rights for Tuesday night matches.
Wednesday night matches are on Virgin Media 1 (occasionally Virgin Media 2).
I watched the match here. The build up was a lot fairer than BT's by the sound of things.
They were quite open about hoping for an early Bayern goal but only from the perspective that it would be more entertaining for neutrals.
Mostly, they were complimentary and managed to avoid the usual snide digs.

The co-commentator was definitely pro Bayern. Cheerleading for a yellow card early on for Ake and "you'd be praying for a Bayern forward to get on the end of it" but, in fairness, he was fulsome in his praise for Stones new role too.
What you'd miss on Irish coverage is the access for inerviews. So, after the final whistle, I turned over...
Fair play to the BT team for the after match interviews. That one with Bernie was fantastic.
... to BT and they struck me as fantastic and very pro-City. So much so, that I was sorry I hadn't tuned into them for the pre-match build-up too.
Sounds like I got the best of both worlds.

Chucked talkragshite on for 5 mins when going to the supermarket this morning, all I got were adverts and two dickheads being borderline 'Mind You Language' racist doing Italian accents and pissing themselves.

Fucking state of that station.
You end up welcoming the adverts as respite from the rest of the tawdry shite.

Tawdry is the perfect word for TS

taw·dry
[ˈtɔːdri]

ADJECTIVE

1. showy but cheap and of poor quality:
    "tawdry jewellery"
    synonyms; gaudy · flashy · showy · garish · loud · tasteless · vulgar · brash ·[more]

RTE have Irish terrestrial rights for Tuesday night matches.
Wednesday night matches are on Virgin Media 1 (occasionally Virgin Media 2).
I watched the match here. The build up was a lot fairer than BT's by the sound of things.
They were quite open about hoping for an early Bayern goal but only from the perspective that it would be more entertaining for neutrals.
Mostly, they were complimentary and managed to avoid the usual snide digs.

The co-commentator was definitely pro Bayern. Cheerleading for a yellow card early on for Ake and "you'd be praying for a Bayern forward to get on the end of it" but, in fairness, he was fulsome in his praise for Stones new role too.
What you'd miss on Irish coverage is the access for inerviews. So, after the final whistle, I turned over...

... to BT and they struck me as fantastic and very pro-City. So much so, that I was sorry I hadn't tuned into them for the pre-match build-up too.
Sounds like I got the best of both worlds.
I had an American stream with two American commentators (although one had a slight Irish accent?). He said one of the players was electrical and then stated that the ref had a birds nest view of the action (which was directly in front of him), I turned the volume down until I had to switch to a French one. At least I wasn't aware if they were talking nonsense or not.

I had th edispleasure of watching the BT coverage last night, they were practically willing Bayern on like they were the plucky underdogs it was very strange to watch us cast in this light, considering that we are an British team and they are a British Broadcaster, the only thing it can be is that they are chasing all the armchair Liverpool, Arsenal and United fans who would never want us to win, and to be too much on our side might prove problematic to them.

But I've never seen a British tema covered like that
I'm fully expecting BT to show a full hour of coverage before the rags game tonight on Sevilla and how they can beat the rags and that also includes a tour of the stadium

Actually that's a very good piece of analysis and unusual for SKY. Perhaps they are moving away from their more mindless coverage. They are in the middle of a shake-up so you never know.

It’s the sort of analysis on them I’m only used to seeing here.

Actually that's a very good piece of analysis and unusual for SKY. Perhaps they are moving away from their more mindless coverage. They are in the middle of a shake-up so you never know.

Maybe sky think they are being stabbed in the back with talk of prem clubs cutting them out, goes against their normal strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.