Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you are right.
There are plenty of Norn Iron contributors on this site to correct me if I am wrong but I think there used to be a tournament in that part of the world called, The Milk Cup (or some such thing) and United have been supporting that pretty much since its inception which could well have been in the 60s.
It was a mutually beneficial arrangement of course. The tournament got publicity and found it easier to attract teams and United got to cast the first eye over the next Best, Whiteside or er, Gillespie.
Anyway, it's become something of a tradition that United are represented in Northern Ireland during the off-season and local TV always covers it.
If BBC NI are covering the game because of lical interest, it seems a perfectly reasonable use of public money (to me, anyway) to make the game more widely available on a minor platform.
You are correct,this is the Foyle cup now played mostly as far as I know in stroke City Derry/Londonderry now ..Milk cup was around the Portrush/PortStewart,Coleraine ..

He very nearly turned around the biggest points deficit ever given out in the history of football using a squad which had about 9 full time professional players in it excluding youth players
Bournemouth and Rotherham both survived with a 17 point deduction and Leeds once reached the play offs with a 15 point deduction
Derby had a 21 point deduction and were relegated by 7 points. However... the team they failed to overtake - Reading -ironically also had a deduction of 6 points. So in reality they had a 21 point deduction but finished 13 points behind - still a long way.
Not exactly Leeds/Bournemouth/Rotherham, but not bad I suppose given there were a lot of problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.