Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jonathan Wilson's rewriting of history portrays the rags of 1999 as plucky underdogs that excited the nation, in contrast to the City robots of 2023 who are edging inevitably to fulfil their state controlled destiny. I remember things in 1999 rather differently and see today very differently.
The rags did not recruit GPC in 1986 because they thought he was a downgrade on Ron Atkinson and he outspent the four biggest spenders in English football every year between 1986 and 1993 to buy two teams before the expensive imports after Euro '92 plus a French lunatic won the PL title but flopped in Europe. His policy of youth recruitment amounted to club reps waiting in cars outside grounds waving cheque books at prospective recruits. In this way they acquired some promising players and inculcated sound family values. But they didn't excite anyone outside the swamp. I have been friends with people in the west midlands for many years and one WBA fan told me when the rags appointed Mourinho that he didn't like him but he liked him more than Ferguson - "Inever liked that loud mouthed bully at all." Villa fans resented Racham's in Birmingham selling more United shirts than those of midland clubs. These fans admire City and Pep greatly now! Bile towards City is restricted to the board and hard core fans of those who see themselves as our rivals. They, and certain reporters, need reminding that GPC's "rebuilding" of the rags between 1986 and 93 would have broken the FFP rules they believe in so fervently now every year for seven years. Now they hide their accounts in a tax haven! The world is nothing like Jonathan Wilson believes it to be.

Alyson Rudd has an article in todays Sunday Times headed "How Brentford & Brighton can be City's downfall".
Not "How City can pull it off" - it's pretty obvious who she wants to win - or not to win.
Always looking for any chance of us slipping up, never the potentially positive outcomes.
It was Burnley and Leicester in 2019!

9eed3f607b7a60e8c00cc695fac4b768.jpg
Here I go again on my own…

Last three City managers have won the league during their time here. The rags have only had three managers in their entire history that have achieved winning the title, they have not been very good for vast amounts of their existence.
Love that stat.

If word of that gets out, the media and the masses may have to start banging a different drum.

View attachment 77109

They're praying for Guardiola's departure from City to "Save" the Premier League! WTF! :-/

ManUre win 13 league titles in 21 years & they're worshipped for their generational brilliance.

City win 4 PL titles in 5, & it's the end of competitive football as we know it!
It is the end of competitive football if you're a rag/dipper/tarquin, this isn't what they signed up for.

It's also an end to the many so called sports journalists who ditched their clubs in the '90s to jump on the rags gravy train.

Instead of writing puff piece articles in the newspapers on them & coining it in through book sales, they have to watch City playing the beautiful game while the rags throw their toys out of the pram.

If only they hadn't thought we were going to be a blip, win it once like money bags Blackburn & then fade away.

What makes it even more galling for the clickbait brigade is that once utds day in the sun was fading then lfc, in their eyes, are like a phoenix rising from the ashes, only for City to stop lfc winning 5 in a row & life returning to the '80s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.