Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
jonathan Wilson's rewriting of history portrays the rags of 1999 as plucky underdogs that excited the nation, in contrast to the City robots of 2023 who are edging inevitably to fulfil their state controlled destiny. I remember things in 1999 rather differently and see today very differently.
The rags did not recruit GPC in 1986 because they thought he was a downgrade on Ron Atkinson and he outspent the four biggest spenders in English football every year between 1986 and 1993 to buy two teams before the expensive imports after Euro '92 plus a French lunatic won the PL title but flopped in Europe. His policy of youth recruitment amounted to club reps waiting in cars outside grounds waving cheque books at prospective recruits. In this way they acquired some promising players and inculcated sound family values. But they didn't excite anyone outside the swamp. I have been friends with people in the west midlands for many years and one WBA fan told me when the rags appointed Mourinho that he didn't like him but he liked him more than Ferguson - "Inever liked that loud mouthed bully at all." Villa fans resented Racham's in Birmingham selling more United shirts than those of midland clubs. These fans admire City and Pep greatly now! Bile towards City is restricted to the board and hard core fans of those who see themselves as our rivals. They, and certain reporters, need reminding that GPC's "rebuilding" of the rags between 1986 and 93 would have broken the FFP rules they believe in so fervently now every year for seven years. Now they hide their accounts in a tax haven! The world is nothing like Jonathan Wilson believes it to be.
Good post, Mr Wilson like most utd fans probably do not know who Mr Bojangles is, it has been removed from even those that watched utd at the time, erased by those that believe that Fergie built the club from scratch, and that class of 92 did not have a massive squad supporting them.

Stanley Collycock in the people " and the sheer quality of NUMBERS Pep Guardiola has available to him means it's always going to be some feat to overcome them".
Ffs, this myth gets me more than anything else spouted by these cretins, as others have said on here we have three maybe four players on our bench who we can put in the first team and it wouldn't show much difference.
Every other top club can do the same, look at scum, look at Chelsea, look at Liverpool they have supposed quality on their benches each week costing hundred of millions. This lame bs really annoys me and I'd love to challenge them over it.
It's not just Collymore, it seems to be this media narrative that we have 25 top quality players each costing 60m stacked in our squad, it couldn't be further from the truth

It’s insane. Arsenal could easily have signed Akanj, or Spurs could have. Arsenal decided to stick with Holding.. Akanj would have made them instantly stronger, but we all know he’d be no where near the same player he is with us.

Alyson Rudd has an article in todays Sunday Times headed "How Brentford & Brighton can be City's downfall".
Not "How City can pull it off" - it's pretty obvious who she wants to win - or not to win.
Always looking for any chance of us slipping up, never the potentially positive outcomes.
She's a Dipper you really shouldnt expect anything else , after the Newcastle v Goons game if everything does to plan and we beat Fulham,WestHam and Leeds and the Goons lose at the Barcodes then we will be four points clear with a game in hand , with four games left.
If the stupid scouse woman does have her prayers answered and Brighton and Brentford do beat us ,hopefully it wont f*cking matter , and if we do lose these two games it will only to rest players for the two possible cup finals we could be involved in.
But things going to plan and City doesnt always happen as we all know.

It is the end of competitive football if you're a rag/dipper/tarquin, this isn't what they signed up for.

It's also an end to the many so called sports journalists who ditched their clubs in the '90s to jump on the rags gravy train.

Instead of writing puff piece articles in the newspapers on them & coining it in through book sales, they have to watch City playing the beautiful game while the rags throw their toys out of the pram.

If only they hadn't thought we were going to be a blip, win it once like money bags Blackburn & then fade away.

What makes it even more galling for the clickbait brigade is that once utds day in the sun was fading then lfc, in their eyes, are like a phoenix rising from the ashes, only for City to stop lfc winning 5 in a row & life returning to the '80s.

Bang on. Their problem is that since they jumped on the rag gravy train, and so publicly pinned their flags to the big 4 mast, they can’t back down.

So until they’re phased out and retired, we’re just going to have to rise above and move on

Stanley Collycock in the people " and the sheer quality of NUMBERS Pep Guardiola has available to him means it's always going to be some feat to overcome them".
Ffs, this myth gets me more than anything else spouted by these cretins, as others have said on here we have three maybe four players on our bench who we can put in the first team and it wouldn't show much difference.
Every other top club can do the same, look at scum, look at Chelsea, look at Liverpool they have supposed quality on their benches each week costing hundred of millions. This lame bs really annoys me and I'd love to challenge them over it.
It's not just Collymore, it seems to be this media narrative that we have 25 top quality players each costing 60m stacked in our squad, it couldn't be further from the truth
Piers Morgan stated we have three world class players for every position , which means Carson is world class , PMIAFC.

Haters of Arabs and Jews.

View attachment 77119

The Left-wing Guardian newspaper was last night accused of 'shocking' antisemitism after publishing an offensive cartoon of ex-BBC chairman Richard Sharp featuring Jewish stereotypes
Yet people on here still buy and subscribe to it. Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.