Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
For what it’s worth I think people overlook the fact that for every mentally unwell ‘journalist’ like Harris and Delaney, there are 100 struggling trying to make a living out of the game anymore.

Most of these guys will have grown up reading actual sports journalism and made their careers when their job title was to generate good copy….

Over the past 10 years their job titles have done a 180 to being ‘content creators’ generating clicks and harvesting your data and I’m sure most are genuinely uncomfortable with it.

The reality is these guys clearly like football, enough that they decided they wanted to spend their lives writing about it and I have no doubt that it depresses them not only having to watch and enjoy the football City play on a personal level and then write negative reports to satisfy their employment and mortgages, but also to see fanzine ‘writers’ like Evans, Jackson, Mitten with no journalistic credentials sat opposite them and likely earning the same or more than them because they drive more clicks…

Of course you can say do something else then, but even the ones who decide to go back to basics and write a book need a publishing house and then you’re in the same situation - it has to sell, so you have the nonsense of guys like Northcroft who back when they were still actual journalists had to trudge up to United to be embarrassed by Ferguson every week then writing gushing biographies to satisfy publishers…

Now of course you shouldn’t feel sorry for them, they stick with it as they love the perks of being part of the club, but equally you shouldn’t get too wound up when you see yet another half hearted hit piece on City.

Looked at our squad on the city site we have 16 players who for me could play every week they that good!

Go on there and look at the squad and count the players who are starters?!

It’s a myth we have a massive squad the media lie the rest who parrot it are sheep!

Not withstanding the bullshit about buying success , we are tenth in net spend over the last five seasons , but this is never mentioned because it doesnt suit the media agenda ,the average football fan is brainwashed by the media regarding our spending , facts to journalists are irrelevant its all about click-bait

It’s insane. Arsenal could easily have signed Akanj, or Spurs could have. Arsenal decided to stick with Holding.. Akanj would have made them instantly stronger, but we all know he’d be no where near the same player he is with us.
Of the present squad Gomez, Akanji, Gundogan and Alvarez would have been within the price range of the entire league.

Fucking hell Sky

"Fulham have only beaten City 4 times in their history but all of them have been in April so that's a good omen. Also City scraped pasted Fulham in November with a last minute Haaland penalty though for most of the match they were down to ten men so they'll have to keep their discipline"

The problem is this is a very conservative (small c) country.

Even so-called radicals tend to be quite conservative in their thinking. There is an underlying belief that there is a proper 'natural order' and that everyone should know their place. (You can see examples of this thinking on this very thread.) In football, teams like Scousepool and Rags have a divine right to win stuff, because of their so-called 'history'. Anyone who usurps this status is despised for their discourtesy.

There is also a hierarchy of racism, and Muslim Arabs are right at the bottom. Maybe just above Travellers. If foreigners are going to buy into 'our' institutions, they should be the 'right kind' of foreigner, or know their place.

A lot of this is unconscious, but no one will persuade me that this is not a factor.

I pass lightly over hypocrisy. To quote a line from the Bible: And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

One might be forgiven for thinking that this country is an exemplar of Human Rights and the Rule of Law, when in fact statistics show that we are piss poor by Western European standards. We have far less excuse for this than a 'new' country that has only recently emerged from medieval tribalism and which has no tradition of democracy whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.