Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
And..”The sheer gulf in class when Mikel Ateta’s side were defeated…was chastening for all romantics who despair at the continuing dominance of Guardiola’s team and would like more variety…it is like having a whole year of autumn - very beautiful but ultimately depressing.” From a Liverpool supporter, who presumably was content with her team dominating English football in the 80’s and being the most likely reason why she follows them now.

"Now is the winter of their discontent, made glorious summer by this son of Catalonia"

When the scum and dippers were dominating the media purred over them.Who gives a fuck nothing lasts forever in a few years they maybe will have to pander to City as the next generation of kids are not supporting the reds.The amount of City shirts i see in London and the south east is increasing.Went to watch a mates son in a 5 a side last week i counted over 30 City shirts and best of all not 1 rag shirt.All the other kids had Chelsea and Arsenal and other London clubs as it should be in a London tournament.
Same here in Chesterfield mate, at my school loads of kids have gone City mad mainly because I always wear my city shirt under a shirt or jumper. Only natural young kids will start to follow the winning team though, just hope they stick with us and their dad's don't kick off too much, lol

No mate, they have Arsenal down as winning all their remaining games obviously
It's time for Sterling, and a few others at Chelsea, to put themselves in the shop window for next season - starting with them doing the business against a wobbling Arsenal. Not seen or heard anything about this yet.

As City fans a lot of the time we are kind of expecting a lot of bitterness, resentment and a fair bit of 'poorly researched information ' from the majority of the media.
There has been a lot of comparisons with the Rags treble of 99 IF we do go on and do it, mostly saying that it won't be as good as theirs etc...
Not sure if it's been mentioned already ( and he doesn't always talk a huge amount of sense) but the other night I had Paul Merson say he believed 'football is harder' now when he was asked about the relative merits of both teams ('potential' in our case)achievements.
Ofcourse it is hard to compare different eras, but there is little doubt that football in England is of a higher quality now and (most of) the best players in the world play in the Premier League now, which wasn't the case to the same extent back then.

Really wish the media had challenged Klopp on his Tierney rant. But simply they wont.
They won't take him on cos CULT FC fans will target them.
And I'd have pissed my self laughing if they'd said: "Jurgen, you know that song your fans and your club have made about something it's not.
"Well it's about thing like today. Your player kicked a player in the head, endangering him. BUT of course it wasn't your player's fault!"
But the Liverpool player did get the Sadio Mane Memorial Award.

All these tiktokers, you tubers, podcasters. Football is going to the match with your mates, having a few pints and having a good time. These people who are recording themselves, interviewing people and discussing tactics hours after the game has finished - get a life. That's not what it's about.

I think we are what is know as FOC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.