Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
b25d73059eb6673c28d11b9eec022e0e.jpg
Wow wasn't expecting that :)

Same here in Chesterfield mate, at my school loads of kids have gone City mad mainly because I always wear my city shirt under a shirt or jumper. Only natural young kids will start to follow the winning team though, just hope they stick with us and their dad's don't kick off too much, lol

Think the signing of Haaland has really pushed this on this season. 9 times out of 10 the little kiddy will have Haaland on their shirt

As City fans a lot of the time we are kind of expecting a lot of bitterness, resentment and a fair bit of 'poorly researched information ' from the majority of the media.
There has been a lot of comparisons with the Rags treble of 99 IF we do go on and do it, mostly saying that it won't be as good as theirs etc...
Not sure if it's been mentioned already ( and he doesn't always talk a huge amount of sense) but the other night I had Paul Merson say he believed 'football is harder' now when he was asked about the relative merits of both teams ('potential' in our case)achievements.
Ofcourse it is hard to compare different eras, but there is little doubt that football in England is of a higher quality now and (most of) the best players in the world play in the Premier League now, which wasn't the case to the same extent back then.
After the Arsenal match I was listening to the Sports Bar on Talksport on the way home and no I didn’t tune into it accidentally, me and my lad always listen to it after we’ve been to a midweek match.
Anyway there was an Arsenal fan on and he said if City win the treble this season it will surpass and dwarf the Rags 1999 treble.
“Why?” asked O’Hara.
“Simple,” said the Arsenal fan. “In 1999 there were very few teams in the Premier League and Europe that had any financial clout now more teams are backed financially and the historically rich teams have just got richer, the standard of football is much higher so if you put all that in the mix anyone who wins a treble nowadays has done it against much higher standards given the money and players that is now present in the modern game.”
O’Hara didn’t have any comeback especially to an Arsenal fan who just watched his team get destroyed less than an hour earlier.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.