Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
We may not like it, dear Blue but Hawkes and Mallows may be on to something, holding up a welcome (?!) mirror to us Blues, especially those of us who witness things at first hand in the stadium.. allow me to explain..

W B Yeats* wrote in his autobiography, 'All empty souls tend to extreme opinions'. If you think about it, doesn't that sum up what us Blues and Bluemooners are about? Cold, empty souls watching cold, soulless football while the rest of the footy world is slowly strangled by our cold, empty, soulless dominance.. and all the while coming on here a-pontificating and a-opining about all things footy..?!

Well, I for one have had the casts fall from mine eyes and finally seen the light! O praise be to these fellows for showing us the path to salvation and redemption, which will surely lead us to 'good' days again, as in the times we enjoyed under the saintly guidance of such as Stuart Pearce** et al..!

Hallelujah!!

(* BTW, always intrigued me since studying poetry as a kid why, if old WB's surname is spelt 'Yeats' but pronounced 'Yates', then why isn't 'John Keats' pronounced 'John Kates'..? Baffling..)

(** Now then, if ever there was one, that was a time of cold, empty, soulless footy under Pearce.. probably Hawkes and Mallows were in primary school then? Watch that stuff for a couple of games and that would teach them a lesson or two..)

Are the press/media widely reporting the dippers booing our National Anthem ?
Oh there’s a few but all full of narratives about why they boo, rather than criticising it.

Then you get bullshit like this…

"It's not necessarily about him or the royal family necessarily. That's the important point to make: it's about the establishment as a whole, this conglomerate of things that Liverpool fans disagree with."

So they can be selective about what they are booing about but all lyrics in songs about them must be about a certain football tragedy.

If people don’t want to sing that’s fine, but their scumy behaviour is appalling.

Can you imagine going to a religious funeral and booing because you arent religious ? I'm not religious but I lower my head and stay silent, still show respect.
They along with Celtic supporters quite happily sang about Lizzie being in a box and some Scouse scribbler in the mail is claiming they didn't disrespect the late monarch. I think Anne would have been far better for the country than Charles on the throne, she wouldn't stand for the nonsense her dripping wet brother does, but in no way would I ever disrespect our national anthem.

Oh there’s a few but all full of narratives about why they boo, rather than criticising it.

Then you get bullshit like this…

"It's not necessarily about him or the royal family necessarily. That's the important point to make: it's about the establishment as a whole, this conglomerate of things that Liverpool fans disagree with."

So they can be selective about what they are booing about but all lyrics in songs about them must be about a certain football tragedy.

If people don’t want to sing that’s fine, but their scumy behaviour is appalling.
People are entitled to boo the national anthem. But freedom of speech cuts both ways so they should accept criticism of their behaviour. Personally I think that respecting other people's views is a sign of strength rather than weakness. But the problem I have with all of this is that most of this sort of behaviour is really more about attention=seeking and virtue signalling than anything else.

Can you imagine going to a religious funeral and booing because you arent religious ? I'm not religious but I lower my head and stay silent, still show respect.
Well said. Just because you disagree with something doesn't mean you have to mock those with different views. Freedom of speech is a precious gift which shouldn't be abused.

No, thank fuck. Albeit I think Rolf might have also had his hands up a few places he shouldn’t as well!
Couple of mates a few years ago, one was temporarily kipping on the others sofa after a marriage breakdown. One Sunday morning our mate came down stairs and said “Mick just disappear whilst I get rid of this girl, she’s embarrassed at seeing you”.

So, Mick pops off to the shop but waits round the corner to see what this girl looked like, surprisingly good looking and well presented.

He goes back in house and says “just seen that girl, bit of a catch there”. Our mate (a plumber) says “fucking hell mate she might look timid but I’ve had my hands in places where I wouldn’t put them for Tameside Council”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.