Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you imagine going to a religious funeral and booing because you arent religious ? I'm not religious but I lower my head and stay silent, still show respect.
That's not really the same though, is it?

How about if you went to a party where you were told that, to celebrate the completely unrelated promotion of a guy disliked by yourself and the other partygoers, you would be played a piece of music declaring his supremacy over you all?

Personally I wouldn't have booed yesterday because I don't feel strongly enough to do so, but the scouse booing has been my highlight of the coronation

To be fair I'm a "Republic" advocate. The singing of the national anthem was half hearted at best in our stadium so I'm probably not alone in my apathy for people born to rule.

I‘m with you. I’m a Republican, but accept my views are in a minority. I stood quietly yesterday and respected the National Anthem. Not wanting a Royal Family is an opinion but it doesn’t make me hate England or want to disrespect the Country or it’s people. I am British and proud of it… just not a fan of the Royal circus. The dippers behaviour seems to have got some media coverage but no condemnation. Imagine if we’d done that.

Maybe it’s my selective memory but I always seem to remember that whoever the rags played, their in form player would be out injured. Then whoever we played the oppositions in form players would return from injury and score or in the case of goalies, have their once a season worldie.

Wimbledon brazenly targeted winnable games back in their day. It’s probably a legitimate tactic for a team with their resources but it’s never something that really gets highlighted too much because it’s borderline bringing the game into disrepute.

I recall one game when they went to Old Trafford and strolled around like it was a training session. Vinny Jones barely attempted a tackle all game. Then shortly afterwards they played us, who were around them near the relegation zone and they came flying out like their lives depended on.

To be fair, we probably benefit a bit from it the other way round now.

We may not like it, dear Blue but Hawkes and Mallows may be on to something, holding up a welcome (?!) mirror to us Blues, especially those of us who witness things at first hand in the stadium.. allow me to explain..

W B Yeats* wrote in his autobiography, 'All empty souls tend to extreme opinions'. If you think about it, doesn't that sum up what us Blues and Bluemooners are about? Cold, empty souls watching cold, soulless football while the rest of the footy world is slowly strangled by our cold, empty, soulless dominance.. and all the while coming on here a-pontificating and a-opining about all things footy..?!

Well, I for one have had the casts fall from mine eyes and finally seen the light! O praise be to these fellows for showing us the path to salvation and redemption, which will surely lead us to 'good' days again, as in the times we enjoyed under the saintly guidance of such as Stuart Pearce** et al..!

Hallelujah!!

(* BTW, always intrigued me since studying poetry as a kid why, if old WB's surname is spelt 'Yeats' but pronounced 'Yates', then why isn't 'John Keats' pronounced 'John Kates'..? Baffling..)

(** Now then, if ever there was one, that was a time of cold, empty, soulless footy under Pearce.. probably Hawkes and Mallows were in primary school then? Watch that stuff for a couple of games and that would teach them a lesson or two..)
Yeats also said,
"Too long a sacrifice makes a stone of the heart..."

... which possibly explains why, after 35 years of sacrifice, I couldn't give a continental fuck about anyone for whom our football/ success might be (ahem) a terrible beauty.

The Daily United going full on Real Madrid, including the predictable stock picture of Pep looking confused. Rinse and repeat, it’s City. Rinse and repeat, it’s City.

You’d think the Daily United would be backing City, the only PL team left in the semi-finals of the CL. But no, it's all about the La Liga team Real Madrid.

099D2A2D-CDB1-4233-9B9F-45D102815195.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.